Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smart Key Not Found
B_o_b_o

RE: Smart Key Not Found

Yep.

This has happened to me as well. Wondered if it was the battery? Only solution was lock and unlock the car which makes you look like a complete prat sat in the car with the lights flashing and wing mirrors folding in and out.

I won't be buying another.

- rattles/buzzing
- wobbly trim
- broken drivers door latch/cable
- key issues
- then to cap it off, my car was keyed, my local LR dealer recommended a local body shop which they said they use themselves (despite their own website saying they have one of their own and they don't) and the body shop in question did a horrendous job! e.g. they scratched the very panels they had just painted, lacquer runs, lacquer overspray all over my front grille and on other areas of trim down the offside of the car and on the offside front head lamp!
09-10-2014 12:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(09-10-2014 12:41pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Yep.

This has happened to me as well. Wondered if it was the battery? Only solution was lock and unlock the car which makes you look like a complete prat sat in the car with the lights flashing and wing mirrors folding in and out.

I won't be buying another.

- rattles/buzzing
- wobbly trim
- broken drivers door latch/cable
- key issues
- then to cap it off, my car was keyed, my local LR dealer recommended a local body shop which they said they use themselves (despite their own website saying they have one of their own and they don't) and the body shop in question did a horrendous job! e.g. they scratched the very panels they had just painted, lacquer runs, lacquer overspray all over my front grille and on other areas of trim down the offside of the car and on the offside front head lamp!

Removing and replacing the fuses I mentioned (in fact, probably only fuse number 1 needs removing, as this seems to protect the module) seems to work for quite a long time (28 months last time) and is well worth trying.

I agree that the quality of the cars leaves a lot to be desired - it's the tinniest car I've had since my last made-in-the-UK one, which was a Metro!

As regards spraying, I had exactly the same problem with my Mercedes dealer - their 'in house' body shop turned out to be a sub-contractor to whom they took the car, and the end result was just like you describe in your case, as well as little bits of fibre stuck in the paint. When they redid it, it was still far from perfect and I picked up a stone chip on the windscreen when I drove the car back, which was extra annoying! For such a tiny dent in the first place, I could hardly believe the over-spray they caused (no proper masking, obviously) and it serves to make the car look as if it has had a much bigger prang.
09-10-2014 03:04pm
B_o_b_o

I ain't letting the bodyshop from hell touch my car again and I am pursuing a complaint to recover costs to replace the front grille for starters, etc. Cowboys! I cannot believe LR recommended them to me.

Masking properly is a bodyshop training day 1 exercise as far as I'm concerned.

One day when I went to collect it from the bodyshop from hell they had left it overnight under a load of trees and it was covered in tree sap - it looked a right state. Add to that all the 'new' damage they did (scratching freshly painted panels) and their questionable 'quality checks' meant I was far from impressed. Never EVER using them again.

Sorry for detracting from your main thread OP. Just venting my growing frustrations with Evoque ownership.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 05:08pm by B_o_b_o.)
09-10-2014 05:07pm
The Valeter

I had that happen several times. I have a new Fiesta ST2 that I got in March. That has keyless entry/go etc & says smart key not found or Key outside car when it is in my pocket.

I call this Modern Car Syndrome!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-10-2014 09:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply