Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Perfect world colour choice
paulcon

Perfect world colour choice

So I was admiring my 'dirty in a day' paintwork again last night wondering if I ever did consider a full re-spray to another colour which I would go for?

There would be little point in selecting a standard LR colour. In my mind, if you are going to commit to a full re-spray it has to be something different but with a watchful eye on complimenting the styling and resale and a 'wrap' does not really interest me.

In the end I settled my fantasy colour choice on Ford Racing Blue. I think it has something to with wanting but never owning a Racing Puma in my 20's Shocked (they don't to a smiley for 'chav')

What would yours be?

And 'yes', for all you OG owners out there it would also have been my colour of choice too but I was buying used and I couldn't find one at my spec/ price and timing.

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 03:20pm by paulcon.)
15-08-2012 02:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

RE: Perfect world colour choice

Think I'd maybe go for a metallic deep purple that was so dark it was almost black - it would probably be called something like 'Midnight'

That said, some colours suit some cars better than others so I'd have to see it on an Evoque. I changed my Bali Blue colour choice on my RRS because although it was a beautiful colour I thought it softened up the angles of the car too much, but I think it would have looked great on an Evoque.

Lots of cars also seem to have a colour that they look perfect in, though this tends to be reflected in everyone picking that colour! e.g. Evoque = white, RRS = black or dark grey, D4 = silver. For me it's a balance of looking good but still standing out from the crowd.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 03:59pm by NightFox.)
15-08-2012 03:58pm
Ghost Rider

Good choice, colour that isLaughing I like blue cars I would probably choose something like BMW's Estoril Blue. I wish the Evoque came in some decnet blues ( no offence to anybody with a blue one) I perhaps wouldn't have ordered it "dirty in a day" . I did try and like maritius blue but it wasn't for me and I would only have ended up regretting it

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 04:04pm by Ghost Rider.)
15-08-2012 04:03pm
alibeau

(15-08-2012 02:58pm)paulcon Wrote:  So I was admiring my 'dirty in a day' paintwork again last night wondering if I ever did consider a full re-spray to another colour which I would go for?

There would be little point in selecting a standard LR colour. In my mind, if you are going to commit to a full re-spray it has to be something different but with a watchful eye on complimenting the styling and resale and a 'wrap' does not really interest me.

In the end I settled my fantasy colour choice on Ford Racing Blue. I think it has something to with wanting but never owning a Racing Puma in my 20's Shocked (they don't to a smiley for 'chav')

What would yours be?

And 'yes', for all you OG owners out there it would also have been my colour of choice too but I was buying used and I couldn't find one at my spec/ price and timing.

Well, I did own a blue Ford Puma in my 20's! It was my dream car! Hubby wanted me to buy a 3 series but I stuck to my guns and got a brand new Puma! Beautiful! I think it was called Melina Blue if I remember correctly (same colour as your pic though I think) and that would be my dream colour for my Evoque.

I did seriously consider a wrap but I was too afraid of the unknown.........

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 04:09pm by alibeau.)
15-08-2012 04:08pm
Ghost Rider

(15-08-2012 04:08pm)alibeau Wrote:  Well, I did own a blue Ford Puma in my 20's! It was my dream car! Hubby wanted me to buy a 3 series but I stuck to my guns and got a brand new Puma! Beautiful! I think it was called Melina Blue if I remember correctly (same colour as your pic though I think) and that would be my dream colour for my Evoque.

I did seriously consider a wrap but I was too afraid of the unknown.........

Ali.

dont go putting silly ideas in my head.........Banging Head

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
15-08-2012 04:13pm
alibeau

(15-08-2012 04:13pm)Ghost Rider Wrote:  dont go putting silly ideas in my head.........Banging Head

Sorry Laughing

15-08-2012 04:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In LR speak the colour is called Bali Blue, was available 2010/2011 on Freelander2, Disco4 and RRS and was very popular, looks dark blue on dull days and purply blue on sunny ones.
I also looked at wrapping mine in Puma Ford Racing Blue - was going to cost about £2000. Remember those days last year Ali just after launch?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 05:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-08-2012 05:07pm
alibeau

(15-08-2012 05:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In LR speak the colour is called Bali Blue, was available 2010/2011 on Freelander2, Disco4 and RRS and was very popular, looks dark blue on dull days and purply blue on sunny ones.
I also looked at wrapping mine in Puma Ford Racing Blue - was going to cost about £2000. Remember those days last year Ali just after launch?

I do indeed!

I still think about it from time to time but as I say, it's just too much of an unknown for me to go ahead.....

The one good thing is that I am still happy with my colour choice, being black. My tummy used to 'flip' when I saw my first few Evoques out on the road but now that I am seeing a few more it's really funny that I only get that feeling when I see a black dynamic..... So clearly I made the right choice given the options at the time but think I would probably pass out if I ever spotted an Evoque in ' Puma Blue' LaughingLaughing

Ali Smile

(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 05:18pm by alibeau.)
15-08-2012 05:17pm
J77

I did like LRs Izmir blue, so would probably go for that.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-08-2012 07:34pm
jettie1767

I would have gone with Mauritius Blue but it's hard to get here in the US.

'12 BMW M6 Convertible - San Marino Blue
'12 RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic - Santorini Black
'13 BMW X3 SAV - Space Gray
15-08-2012 07:40pm