Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Securing my new (to me) Dynamic LUX
PaulM

Securing my new (to me) Dynamic LUX

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here, decided to take the plunge and bought an Evoque. Going to collect tomorrow an ex demo 64 plate Dynamic Lux and couldnt be more excited Smile

As I'm coming from and X5 and I had another X5 stolen 2 years ago (with the key cloning method) I am a little worried about my new Evoque.

I was thinking to put a simple switch somewhere in the car that cuts of some fuse (for example the diesel pump fuse? ), so when I'm not using the car I could just flip that switch which will act as if I would take out the fuse.

Would that work?

Cheers,
Paul
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 08:25pm by PaulM.)
21-08-2015 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Securing my new (to me) Dynamic LUX

Problem of adding hidden switches etc is that you can invalidate warranty by meddling in the cars electrics. I bought a Stop-loc device from Halfords. Doesn't look nice but it's the deterent factor you are looking for. I also tried the Discloc version but it had one problem - the size that is recommended for the Evoque is too small you have to go to the next bigger one to get it over the steering wheel rim. The problem with the Stop-loc - if you don't remove it every couple of days, even with a protective sleeve, the weight can cause a couple of ridges to show on the leather covering on the steering wheel rim.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 09:22am by XFullFatTim.)
22-08-2015 09:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply