Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Servicing your RRE - Share your experiences here!
ytshome

RE: Servicing your RRE - Share your experiences here!

(31-01-2012 09:29pm)Evo-king Wrote:  On one of the forums I used to go on with another car I had, they had a sticky thread which listed dealer servicing deal and prices.

Many owners used this and either travelled further to get a better service deal, or used it to price match.

Can any mods oblige?

+1

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
01-02-2012 09:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

Just gone for a Stratstone 3 year plan. They originally quoted 3 years at £1270.00, to include full valets and free MOT at year 3. After a little negotiating we agreed on £914.00, which I can live with. Just hope the service is top quality.

04-02-2012 05:11pm
doug

It's a lot lot of money for a few cans of oil Laughing
But without that stamp in our service book, no LR dealer will touch are Evcoques come resale time.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-02-2012 06:40pm
ytshome

(04-02-2012 06:40pm)doug Wrote:  It's a lot lot of money for a few cans of oil Laughing
But without that stamp in our service book, no LR dealer will touch are Evcoques come resale time.

I agree Doug but my father has the FL2 and his servicing has never been cheap. Always seem to be around the £300 mark. I suppose a few years down the line they may offer VIP packs but for now they can sell them easily enough it a case of making hay, so to speak!

04-02-2012 07:00pm
Evo-king

We've just been sent our Service Plan offer, it is slightly less than some of the figures quoted on here, but is for 3 years and is over 31 payments!

Although not quoted there is a 4 year option as well.

I'm just trying to gauge the value of this offer, but as a newcomer to the Marque I don't have any idea of servicing costs for a SD4. Generally year 2 service is much dearer.

Anyone got and idea of cost?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-05-2012 09:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I doubt that anybody in the UK with an Evoque has yet found out the servicing cost, but as YTS says around £300/£400 mark will not be far out. Maybe LPR might like to post what they charge for a 15,000 mile/ 12 monthly service?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-05-2012 10:41pm
ytshome

(03-05-2012 10:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I doubt that anybody in the UK with an Evoque has yet found out the servicing cost, but as YTS says around £300/£400 mark will not be far out. Maybe LPR might like to post what they charge for a 15,000 mile/ 12 monthly service?

Hi Tim, given the price of the FL2 for servicing I just can't see people getting absolute bargains on the Evoque. That's why I plumped for a three year deal to include valet etc at £914.00. I doubt it will be the cheapest option but neither is it likely to be the dearest and it does hopefully build a relationship with a dealer for someone who is new to the brand such as myself. I agree that it would be good for LPR to post on servicing costs but think that the first three years would be interesting as it would include a major service.

(03-05-2012 09:31pm)Evo-king Wrote:  We've just been sent our Service Plan offer, it is slightly less than some of the figures quoted on here, but is for 3 years and is over 31 payments!

Although not quoted there is a 4 year option as well.

I'm just trying to gauge the value of this offer, but as a newcomer to the Marque I don't have any idea of servicing costs for a SD4. Generally year 2 service is much dearer.

Anyone got and idea of cost?

Hi Evo-king, what price did they offer?

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 10:12pm by ytshome.)
04-05-2012 10:09pm
Evo-king

ytshome.

Just come back from my dealer having discussed this again, £1200 for 3 years and £1635 for 4 years.

I was advised today that the Evoque has a 7 year service cycle/pattern, so each service will differ in work carried out and cost, although I am assured that the quote given is less than actual costs over 3/4 years. I can't prove it though. Also you are price protected if costs/charges go up.

Also with this package you can cancel a service and be refunded the difference. Might be useful when it come to selling!

I'm taking it up.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-05-2012 03:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I just wish LR would have faith in it's own products and offer again the package it offered in 2002 when the current FFRR was launched - they had an all inclusive service program that covered everything except RFT and Insurance out to 5 years old/100,000 miles that they called VIP. It was good value for money (which I suspect was why they pulled it, it was costing THEM too much!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-05-2012 04:01pm
Andy_A

I may have this wrong, but I thought anyone could do the service as long as they are Land Rover approved. I am also pretty sure main dealers, certainly in this area, will charge around £120 per hour labour as opposed to the local Land Rover approved mechanics, who charge roughly half that. Can anyone confirm?

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
05-05-2012 04:03pm