Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service plan 5yr £499
Davevx

RE: Service plan 5yr £499

Brought my car 30/4/13 ... Only dealer plan offered.

Went in last week after reading about the 499 offer they knew nothing about it.

Rang LR today and signed up.
16-05-2013 07:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

KaDargo & Racing Snake.

When ordering/buying my RRE the Service Plan was not mentioned in the early stages of the process, (back then it was a 9 month order to delivery timeline).

BUT, thanks to this forum I was made aware of the Service Plan, from there I set about to get the best package available by getting 5 quotes from various dealerships.

I have to live with that deal, which at the time was a bargain.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-05-2013 08:00pm
cutter7

Service plan 5yr £499

(16-05-2013 05:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  When I left school in 1974 2/6d would buy me 5 pints of draught Allsops lager onboard the ship, if we went to South Africa and had to refill the barrels the price dropped to 4d a pint for Castle lager! BUT in those days my trainees monthly pay was £25. In 1976 I drove a Range Rover for the first time out in Dubai and vowed that one day I would own one. Then my pay had increased to £125 a month thanks to 30%+ inflation - I eventually saved up enough to buy my first Range Rover in 2003 - a Monte Carlo Blue with Navy hide and parchment trim SE, cost £42000, the same price as my house!

I also left school in 74, and when I was 19, left the UK for SA and worked in kwazulu Natal for 5 years.

My fare then, was paid for by the sale of my old Ford Capri GT MK 1 Facelift LHD in Daytona Yellow!. I still have an enamel copy in the same colour in a Perspex box in LHD as well, in my study.

Great to read that after your trial drive in a RR in 76 that you were able enough through your savings to buy your Monte Carlo blue in 03..we never forget these moments..

16-05-2013 08:45pm
Kentboy

(15-05-2013 09:15pm)mdrake Wrote:  Has anyone had any luck getting this offer extended to a car purchased late last year (November)? Those of us who purchased late last year are left with £2,200 for 5 year dealer servicing - quite a difference!!

Yes that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Paying £35 a month for the next four years doesn't make me very happy!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
16-05-2013 10:33pm
brianthedog

(10-05-2013 10:24am)brianthedog Wrote:  My replacement car due to problems was registered in January, outside the 90 days window.

However, the scheme is administered by Emac http://www.emac.co.uk/ and they were only too happy to take my credit card details.

If, like me, you are not only unwilling to pay top dollar for servicing but also too tight to dial an 0844 number, you can get them on 01270 505050.Wink

11 days on and I have received no communication whatsoever, apart from £499 disappearing via my credit card. I called today and apparently they have run out of packs, the demand has been a lot higher than they thought...Wink

Surely that has to be due to the forum as I have had no information, written or verbal, from LR or my dealer - despite being in there less than two weeks ago.Rolling Eyes

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
21-05-2013 10:54am
slimtim123

Service plan 5yr £499

When I phoned to pay for it a couple of weeks ago the guy who took the money told me not to expect anything for 2/3 weeks as they hadn't had any packs printed at that point. Still waiting too but what a bargain so I don't mind!

MY13 Pure Tech, SD4 Auto, Santorini Black, Ebony Leather, Panoramic, Privacy, Rear Camera, Front Fogs
21-05-2013 07:36pm
Evo-king

Hoping the HOOVER experience does not recur.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-05-2013 09:15pm
The Valeter

Despite one NOT having a 5 year Service plan being good for the dealer as in extra revenue, when I was in my dealer (Harwoods In Edenbridge)ving the software update I spoke to my salesman, the Sales Manager & the Service Manager all of which said it is a No Brainer NOT to have the plan so they were clearly looking after my (the customers) interests. Needless to say I accepted.
The Service Manager did question me having it, not because e money but he said he didn't think I would keep long enough to benefit from it but then the other 2 came along & said it didn't matter as the car would be worth more when selling if it has a transferable srvice plan.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
21-05-2013 09:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pricy147

Has anyone had a 30k service yet?

We are being quoted £450!!! Last service was £350. Is there much more to this service? What are others being quoted?

Wondering if worth taking to a non JL dealer.

Current Cars:

- TTRS Roadster | Phantom Black | Aluminium Pack | Bose | Ipod Dock | 19" Titanium Grey Alloys | Through Load Facility
- Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Firenze Red | Panoramic Roof | Towbar | Satin Brushed Centre Console

[Image: 4fasq.jpg]
23-05-2013 11:54am
recordman

£450 is about the going rate for a second service. You can try phoning around some other dealers and you might get it down to below £400. If you have it serviced outside LR, the normal LR warranty will be maintained provided genuine LR parts are used, but if you have any problems shortly after the 3 year warranty expires you are unlikely to get any 'goodwill' treatment from LR.

If you don't intend to keep the car longer than 3 years, then this won't affect you, but not having a full LR service history is likely to result in your car being worth less at trade in time.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
23-05-2013 12:17pm