Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service indicator
andy355

Service indicator

But annoyed as after getting my car serviced 2 weeks ago the car is now showing service needed

This is the 2nd time and 2nd dealer this has happened with. why can't they get this right? Are they actually doing the service or just charging me? Surely it's on a check list of items. Makes you wonder what else they forget

Anyone else had this?

Dynamic si4 5 door auto. Santorini/persuit Lux pack, contrast pano roof, rear entertaiment etc. Bought 30th June
14-06-2015 07:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqueen

RE: Service indicator

I get a frequent engine light due to gas cap seal. If I did a poor job of closing it, the light comes on the day after I fill up. It resets in a few days. I've gotten much better at ensuring the gas cap is sealed when I close it. Hopefully, that's the extent of what's happening to you and not something more serious.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
16-06-2015 03:50am
PhilSkill

There's been a few where the dealer hasn't reset the service indicator on here over the last few years, not happened to me though, there are instructions on here how to do it yourself, or if easy make sure the dealer knows this has happened again, and get them to rectify it.

Hopefully it's nothing more sinister than that, as it doesn't fill you with confidence as to what else have they forgotten to do?! Like change the oil, the main point of the service!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-06-2015 09:57am
andy355

Yes, 2 out of 3 services coming back with the service due message still showing - doesn't fill me with any confidence they did the work charged for

Dynamic si4 5 door auto. Santorini/persuit Lux pack, contrast pano roof, rear entertaiment etc. Bought 30th June
16-06-2015 12:02pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Andy,

I am sorry to learn of your experience. More than happy to look into this further for you if you would like to PM me with some additional details including the name of the Land Rover approved retailer you have visited.

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
17-06-2015 10:19am
PhilSkill

Incase you just want to do it yourself...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-SSM60837-...et+service

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-06-2015 02:45pm
andy355

Pete,

You have my contact details from a couple of weeks ago regarding being told my car needs new rear brake pads at 11k miles. By the way on this I was told its normal and some cars need them at the first service rather than 3rd in my case

I tried to see if Land Rover assist could come to reset the service indicator but they can't.

So it has to go back to the dealer. So out of my 3 services I have had to go back on each occasion twice for the service indicator and once to get the service book stamped as they couldn't find it - when it was in the dedicated compartment in the glove box

On the plus side the service rep I spoke to at the dealer was actually very good, I am just annoyed at having to go back or have them collect/deliver its just unnecessary admin

17-06-2015 08:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is poor trasining at the dealership, even some of the big named dealers in the UK couldn't find the service manual when Evoques started going in for their first services. Now there is no service record book, it is all computerised. My local dealership gave me a printout of the page that had been registered on the service records computer when my car was in for annual service last march. It would be really useful if LR would allow owners to access the records though as having a sheaf of printouts in the glove box to prove that servicing has been done is not as convenient as having the service record book.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-06-2015 10:16am
harry

I had a "Service required in 17 days" message 2 days ago, yesterday it was 15 days and today it is "Service required". looks like time runs faster and faster in LR. so 3rd service due at 65.000 km.
25-06-2015 09:16pm
CRC@LandRover

(20-06-2015 10:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It would be really useful if LR would allow owners to access the records though as having a sheaf of printouts in the glove box to prove that servicing has been done is not as convenient as having the service record book.

Hi Tim,

I completely agree and this is due to change to allow owners to access their online Service History in the near future. Unfortunately at this time I am unable to confirm the exact timing of this.

Hi Harry,

In regards to the servicing, this is based on a number of factors such as mileage covered and not solely down to time between servicing. If you do have any concerns, please raise this with your Land Rover approved retailer at the time of service.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
26-06-2015 08:27am