Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seen the Evoque at the Melbourne Motor Show - Happy I Decided Not To Buy
Firebird

Seen the Evoque at the Melbourne Motor Show - Happy I Decided Not To Buy

Hi guys,

Went the the Melbourne International Motor Show at the beginning of July, they have a White 4 Door and a Red 2 Door on display.

My initial thoughts...

Looks allot smaller and boxy in the flesh.

And does not look as good as in the pictures.

I still think it looks good but are happy that I cancelled my order as delivery has slipped to November. I spoke to the Dealer manager and he said that Landrover Aust had decided that they would wait for 2012 build plated cars. Apparently the initial shipment will be available mid November with the next in January

Overall, I have to say that going to the car show was a waste of money and boring. Classic example, BMW had one car on its stand, a electric prototype. After less than 1 hour we had seen everything worth seeing had left.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 11:37pm by Firebird.)
03-08-2011 11:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Seen the Evoque at the Melbourne Motor Show - Happy I Decided Not To Buy

BMW had one car?
What kind of motor show is that?

I agree the Evoque looks small when you compare it to FFRR but it's not a lot smaller than a RRS inside (which is the most important to me).
They've just made the outside smaller with a few tricks (no bumpers, smaller front, slightly smaller boot). So you get a more practical car with nearly the same space.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
04-08-2011 07:46am
x5pea

(04-08-2011 07:46am)vision*R Wrote:  but it's not a lot smaller than a RRS inside

yes it is
04-08-2011 08:23am
DDX

The RRS is surprisingly large inside with heaps of headroom and in my opinion, a pretty large boot, noticeably larger than my Cayenne. Unofrtunately, haven't seen the Evoque in the metal yet but if interior is Freelander size with less rear headroom that will do for me.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
04-08-2011 08:29am
vision*R

No it's not a lot smaller.
Headroom in the RRS is 1000 / 997 mm. Headroom in the RRE 5d is 990 / 1025 mm (with and without sunroof). That's actually MORE headroom with the popular panoramic roof.
Also, let's not forget the RRE is 2125 mm wide and RRS is 2158 mm. Not that big a difference.
Of course the boot is much larger, half the RRS is hanging over the rear wheels.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 09:38am by vision*R.)
04-08-2011 08:38am
Firebird

I bought a 2010 WRX STi Hatch and that is bigger inside than the Evoque, I thought that it would be bigger.
05-08-2011 06:53am
mark_n

I'm surprised you think the RRE is small, standing next to my (previous generation) Subaru WRX, it is a large car, especially wide and is much more massive and bulky. The Subaru has it beat in performance terms, without a doubt, but I simply didn't want to buy a Ford-focus look-alike.

Perhaps your opinion was coloured by the poor Melbourne show. Don't forget too that perception of car sizes change from showroom to road, though in my experience, the car feels smaller on the road than in the showroom.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-08-2011 07:54am