Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Second Service time already
mark_n

RE: Second Service time already

Interestingly, the diesel service costs are more than the petrol, so these numbers are different but Lookers Park Royal quoted £409 for my Si4.

I reduced my costs by buying my own oil - Castrol Magnatec - which is a fully synthetic oil and better than Shell Helix which the dealer uses and charges £98 for. I paid £36 online delivered to my door, so the bill came in at £311 to them plus the cost of my oil. I did the same with my Porsche 911 and saved about £90.

Sourcing your own oil is the easiest way to trim your service costs. Golden rule is to do your research to find the right oil and take it to the dealer in sealed containers, also tell them at the time the service is booked so there's no argy bargy on the day.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-12-2013 07:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(14-12-2013 07:16am)mark_n Wrote:  Sourcing your own oil is the easiest way to trim your service costs. Golden rule is to do your research to find the right oil and take it to the dealer in sealed containers, also tell them at the time the service is booked so there's no argy bargy on the day.

+1.

The Mercedes garage where I live wanted to charge me €210 + VAT for just under 6 litres of Mobil 1, so I just said I would supply my own (I bulk buy mine in Halfords when there is a sale on, normally about £40 for 5 litres). I always buy all my parts via Motor factors in the UK and save a fortune and just use the dealers for the labour and stamp in the book. Always a big saving to be made on the pollen/cabin filter (normally 1/3 of the invoiced garage price) and spark plugs but not so much on oil/fuel filter.

Also I always tell them never to wash/valet it as a). it's not normally done to my standard, but b). you are paying for it!

Have also found filters etc are much cheaper if you go the the Citroen garage than the Landrover or Ford garage (since they are all the same engine!)

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
14-12-2013 04:06pm
cjfp

Interesting on my service quotes
"Check battery electrolyte and top-up as required" - the Evoque battery is sealed and, according to the manual, requires no maintenance.

The oil both garages wish to use is Engine Oil (ACEA A5/B5) - I have raised the ACEA C1 issue with them and await their answers (however, I have bought my own oil to supply for the service)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-12-2013 05:34pm
PhilSkill

(17-12-2013 05:34pm)cjfp Wrote:  The oil both garages wish to use is Engine Oil (ACEA A5/B5) - I have raised the ACEA C1 issue with them and await their answers (however, I have bought my own oil to supply for the service)

My Quote says the same, I think this is the standard form hasn't been updated, but the job sheet had Shell Helix C1.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2013 07:03pm
WB
WB

(17-12-2013 05:34pm)cjfp Wrote:  Interesting on my service quotes
"Check battery electrolyte and top-up as required" - the Evoque battery is sealed and, according to the manual, requires no maintenance.

The oil both garages wish to use is Engine Oil (ACEA A5/B5) - I have raised the ACEA C1 issue with them and await their answers (however, I have bought my own oil to supply for the service)

Be careful a friend of mine took his own oil to an LR dealer - got the service desk to note that the oil was in the boot and you guessed it - the oil was still in the boot untouched when he picked the car up. AND they didn't use the right C1 oil in his... and told him that the oil they used was the correct LR spec...
18-12-2013 10:17am
cjfp

I have made a few requests to match another dealer service costs (same chain even!) and the price for my supplying dealer has instantly reduced fro £592 to £450. However, I am still looking for them to reduce it more as I will be supplying my own oil. I also don't want the 1l Top-up oil, the screenwash @ £5.

Other interesting differences are:-
Environmental charge - same chain, one charging £18.75 and one £4.99
Drive In / Drive Out - what F is this charge ! - one wants £26 and the other £21

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-12-2013 02:45pm
PhilSkill

I had the Drive In/Out charge on my Quote, the dealer didn't even know what it was and dropped it.

I think £450 is the recommended cost for service 2, obviously central City dealers may have additional Rental/Staff costs so may increase it, but Shocking any other dealer charging more... most should be charging less to be competitive.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-12-2013 03:32pm
cjfp

(18-12-2013 03:32pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I had the Drive In/Out charge on my Quote, the dealer didn't even know what it was and dropped it.

I think £450 is the recommended cost for service 2, obviously central City dealers may have additional Rental/Staff costs so may increase it, but Shocking any other dealer charging more... most should be charging less to be competitive.

Finally dropped to £399 with me providing oil, so about £455 in total.

18-12-2013 08:31pm
doug

The list price I was given from lookers @Colchester was £580 + £99 A/C service (come on its only 2 years old & if the gas is low i would make a warranty claim) + £12 for a FL2 loaner + £150hr for any work asked for & not found to be a warranty issue
My £1400 3 year servce plan is paying off.

Yes to these new owners with the free or £500 service deal, I hate you all Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
18-12-2013 08:33pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(18-12-2013 08:33pm)doug Wrote:  The list price I was given from lookers @Colchester was £580 + £99 A/C service (come on its only 2 years old & if the gas is low i would make a warranty claim) + £12 for a FL2 loaner + £150hr for any work asked for & not found to be a warranty issue
My £1400 3 year servce plan is paying off.

Yes to these new owners with the free or £500 service deal, I hate you all Very Happy

WTF!!! Just for a laugh ask them to quote for an FL2 and if it is much cheaper ask why (since it is the same oily bits)?????

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
18-12-2013 09:12pm