Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scratched alloys from 2nd service!!
ceebee

(14-09-2014 08:18am)vinny Wrote:  Not sure if wheels have batch numbers etc but the Tyre might have?
Another thing to check is the condition of the reverse side,unless you remove your alloys to clean the back side they should all roughly match,ie colour and quantity of brake dust and shape of balancing weights.
If this wheel is dramatically different from the other 3 it might be a result.

That's a good point!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
14-09-2014 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Scratched alloys from 2nd service!!

I'm afraid that all looks like old damage to me.

Vital before taking the car in for tyre changes to make sure you check the condition of the rims. Tyre changing is a bit less risky than it used to be because properly maintained machines have less slop in them but the larger the rim and the thinner the sidewall, the greater the chance something will go wrong.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-09-2014 06:12pm
bangsters

maybe the notice of taking legal action or formal complaint to corporate LR will bring about something good like replace the damaged rim?

Good luck. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
16-09-2014 07:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teetree

update: so after reading all your comments about the scratches looking like old wounds i was in two minds whether to complain further or not. anyway i hesitated for about a week and one day had a phone call from stratstones aftersales leader. he said he had been on annual leave and just got back and a memo was left for him saying i wasnt best pleased after a recent service hence his call. i confirmed this was correct and the phone call ended in him offering me a chance to bring in the car so the wheel can be worked on for few days and i can have a courtesy car in the meanwhile. all as a good will gesture. obviously i was very happy with the service received and appreciated the gesture. well done stratstones bury! so the alloy was fixed as promised. i think you can see that it isnt perfect if you really look close enough but i was more than happy with the result.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
22-10-2014 10:55pm
PhilSkill

Glad you got a result and got it sorted, It did seem odd you hadnt noticed that amount of damage, and yet the damage is definitely old, a swapped wheel seems the only explanation! I'd be spitting daggers if mine came back like that! 3 years in mine's better than the day it was delivered!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-10-2014 11:12pm
markt553

I HATE when this happens! Happened once at a garage my Dad uses and I thought I'd give them a go. They curbed my wheel and I found alloy marks from the wheel on the kerb nearby!! They denied it but said they could get a good deal for me to refurb it. I told them where to go and never used them again.
16-12-2014 12:28pm
mark_n

So it sounds like they sent more than one wheel off to the sub-contractor and fitted the wrong wheel when they came back or else the mix-up was at the sub-contractor and they returned the wrong wheel.

Very likely therefore you are running on someone else's wheel. I would have insisted on a new wheel.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-12-2014 06:00am