Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri
RoverMD

I use Siri with Bluetooth. Must activate with home button but it works well with Bluetooth and I can dictate text messages pretty well.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
22-02-2012 12:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The V

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri

(21-02-2012 10:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There has just been a really good "road test" of Siri and Smartphones on BBC Radio4's program for the blind "In Touch". Their verdict - it is no use even to the sighted as it has too many glitches and needs refining more

Siri is only a Beta product at the moment. I expect a lot will come from later iterations.

I use the Dragon dictation App now, which uses the back end speech recognition tech from Nuance which drives Siri. Takes very good emails, once it has got used to your dialect and phraseology. Trouble is there's too many buttons to press to get the email sent to the right person whereas with Siri you are supposed to able to just say "send an email to john smedley"
siri: "ready for email to john smedley, what do you want to say.."
then you start to dictate and then say send.

It should work eventually. I hope so, I waste so much time pulling over to respond to emails and changing satnav destinations.
I have an app that reads my emails out from text to speech.. before anyone tells me I might be being dangerous ; )
22-02-2012 02:27pm
Big G

(21-02-2012 04:19pm)The V Wrote:  How are you getting on with the voice technology? and also have you tried iPhone 4S Siri via the bluetooth set up.. does it work well?

Please give you experiences with the two.

Thank you!

Can't comment on tbe IPHONE - other than I am able to stream music while connected to bluetooth using IOS 5.1.

In terms of Voice control - the button just turns my audio on and off !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-02-2012 03:39pm
Rossy100

BIG G - has ios 5.1 fixed the issues re music streaming described in another thread?
22-02-2012 05:25pm
Big G

(22-02-2012 05:25pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  BIG G - has ios 5.1 fixed the issues re music streaming described in another thread?

I believe so - I'm using a 3GS not a 4Gs but the latest IOS 5.1 and have had the blutooth phone connected and have streamed music for at least an hour non stop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-02-2012 08:54pm
Barneyridge

(22-02-2012 12:24pm)RoverMD Wrote:  I use Siri with Bluetooth. Must activate with home button but it works well with Bluetooth and I can dictate text messages pretty well.

I might try this tonight on the way home. I have found Sri pretty poor so far but with bluetooth it may improve. Never thought to use Sri via bluetooth so thanks Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
22-02-2012 10:08pm
quickswoosh

BMW apps allow using the iphone data for sending mails, twitter messages, facebook notifications, browsing through Pandora, etc.
I don't know of any other systems by other manufacturers in the market for this year. Correct me if I'm wrong.
22-02-2012 10:15pm
fam1x

(21-02-2012 04:19pm)The V Wrote:  How are you getting on with the voice technology? and also have you tried iPhone 4S Siri via the bluetooth set up.. does it work well?

Please give you experiences with the two.

Thank you!

For whats its worth I think the voice tech is pretty good. I have been using it since i've had my car and works well, able to make calls and Read/Send messages. Not tried writing an emial via voice on iphone.

Only issue I have noticed is you cant enable Siri from the car, am looking at reprogramming the home button another one to see if I can get the car to activate Siri. I use Siri with a bluetooth headset which works very well to read/write messages play music.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
23-02-2012 10:42am