Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SatNav Safety Camera info
barnsyuk

SatNav Safety Camera info

Just realised the satnav does not show safety camera info, is there anyway to enable this option??

Thanks
11-04-2012 10:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: SatNav Safety Camera info

The JLR satnav system was state of the art and well regarded when it was launched. In 2002. If you're hoping for pre-installed speed camera POI then I think you maybe waiting some time.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
11-04-2012 10:54am
doug

I use a Road Angel, shows all fixed & mobile sites. I up date the data each week (1min job).
I drive 45k miles a year though work & still have a clean driving licence Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-04-2012 05:04pm
defender_uk

they can't put it on built in, as it is illegal in various EU countries to have such info!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
12-04-2012 09:05am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

(12-04-2012 09:05am)defender_uk Wrote:  they can't put it on built in, as it is illegal in various EU countries to have such info!

But it could be included in the POI database for those countries that do allow it ?

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
17-04-2012 05:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

This question has come up on every Disco/RRS/Freelander2 and FFRR forum I've been a member of, it comes round almost annually from new to the brand members who claim that other car makers fit them. No other car maker sells an OEM system fitted to a car in the UK for the same reason that LR doesn't fit one - it is a legal "grey area" that could be considered to be encouraging speeding. The other problem is that the built in satnav software is rarely updated so as soon as you have the system updated by the dealer at a service the safety camera positions would mostly be out of date and owners would complain (they complain enough when the ordinary maps go out of date!). Best advice is to go out and buy a Road Angel and up date it weekly or daily, or just learn to read the speed signs and know your highway code speed limits or invest in a copy of the UK Highway code where it tells you how speed limits are generally made up and what to do if you are unsure of the speed limit on a particular road.

Speeding is something I have very good cause to get worked up about and I make no apologies if this sounds like a rant but having lost two much loved family members to an idiot who didn't know what the speed limit was in a small village I feel justified to be very speeding averse

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 06:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2012 06:13pm