Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
attempted theft
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: attempted theft

They are visual deterents - they say to the crim "move on, it might take me longer and risk getting caught, lets find a car that's easier to take." It also says to your insurer that you have taken more action to deter a thief than most other owners. I thought visual didn't work too, but look how many people have false burglar alarm boxes on their houses and don't get broken into. Remember you are not trying to stop them taking your car you are trying to make it take longer which increases ther chances of being seen " on the job". Something else not in your favour s the colour of your car - it's like mine too popular so they are easier to shift - bet if yours was Colima Lime or Aintree Green it wouldn't have be looked at as they are not common colours.
My sister owns a pub/ restaurant and shop on a very busy country road. They have CCTV everywhere, including pointing out toward the road. Last week the Forestry commission reported a full diesel tanker trailer had been stolen locally between 5pm and 8am the next day. The local police asked if they might view the recordings on my sister's system and there, lo and behold at 0330 was a New Range Rover that turned out to have been stolen the day before towing the tank trailer parked right outside the shop, number plate in full view while the crims walked around the outside if the shop, undisguised trying doors and windows to see if they could get into the shop! Police were then able to interrogate other local pubs and shops with CCTV and followed a trail of photos across Scotland and they found the RR and the tanker in an industrial estate unit.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2013 10:40am by XFullFatTim.)
31-08-2013 10:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply