Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum naming problem!
Devonian

Forum naming problem!

Happy New Year to you all.

I was reading the latest Autocar today and it says that Land Rover are looking at launching a new smaller 4x4 than the Evoque in the Range Rover segment and also one in the Discovery Range. The first thing I thought of was that they'll have to change the name of this forum! Sacre bleu!

I'm not sure that I would want a smaller vehicle than the Evoque but it sounds like there is demand for that size as Audi are launching a Q1 soon. It will be interesting to see what price difference there would be between this new smaller Range Rover and the Evoque.

I'm a happy man at the moment as I'm picking up my new Evoque a week on Saturday. Will let you all know if the new HUD is any good or not. I will miss the heated steering wheel from my loan car though! Wish I'd specced that now with hindsight.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
01-01-2015 09:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Forum naming problem!

Devonian, the heated steering wheel has been retro fitted by several forum members - it seems it isn't too difficult to do.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-01-2015 01:01am
Devonian

(02-01-2015 01:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Devonian, the heated steering wheel has been retro fitted by several forum members - it seems it isn't too difficult to do.

Cheers for that Tim I'll look into that.

Have you seen that Autocar article? If so, what did you make of it?

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
02-01-2015 07:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes I get Autocar out here before most folks get it at home, on Zinio! I didn't think a lot of it. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind will pay Land Rover prices for a Q1 sized car, they would have to make it priced with the likes of Suzuki Vitara (Evoque look-a-like) or Diahatsu Terios to make it sell and TBH I reckon it will have next to no boot (and enough people complain about Evoque's boot) and rear passengers will have to travel with their knees in their ears!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 08:52am by XFullFatTim.)
02-01-2015 08:46am
J77

The baby disco is on the cards, but can't see the point of a smaller Evoque.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-01-2015 11:44am
alibeau

Happy New Year!

I would definitely be interested in a smaller Evoque! I had to sell my Evoque early last year but am hoping to return to a 'premium' brand 4x4 later this year. My circumstances have changed in many ways, I no longer need a large boot and have got used to driving a smaller car being my Clio RS. I would be over the moon if a smaller Evoque was launched, as long as the price was right.......

I have been looking at the Merc GLA - petrol but would much prefer a baby baby RR!

Fingers firmly crossed here.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
04-01-2015 05:21pm
Devonian

(04-01-2015 05:21pm)alibeau Wrote:  Happy New Year!

I would definitely be interested in a smaller Evoque! I had to sell my Evoque early last year but am hoping to return to a 'premium' brand 4x4 later this year. My circumstances have changed in many ways, I no longer need a large boot and have got used to driving a smaller car being my Clio RS. I would be over the moon if a smaller Evoque was launched, as long as the price was right.......

I have been looking at the Merc GLA - petrol but would much prefer a baby baby RR!

Fingers firmly crossed here.

Ali.

Sorry to hear you've had to sell your Evoque Ali. Saying that - a Clio RS is a fun alternative to have. I'm working up in Chester so if I see a Clio RS in North Wales I'll give you a wave.

04-01-2015 08:05pm
alibeau

(04-01-2015 08:05pm)Devonian Wrote:  Sorry to hear you've had to sell your Evoque Ali. Saying that - a Clio RS is a fun alternative to have. I'm working up in Chester so if I see a Clio RS in North Wales I'll give you a wave.

I was really gutted when the Evoque had to go but the Clio is indeed a fun alternative! Not so great in the Boxing Day snow though!! We've hopefully turned a corner with our business now after a struggle in 2014 so Hubby will be the first to return to a RRS. I will hang onto the Clio for a while but would be really interested in the 'baby baby RR' should they ever produce one! Something to look forward to!

We're not far from Chester, just the other side of Mold on the way to Ruthin Smile

04-01-2015 09:05pm
Devonian

(04-01-2015 09:05pm)alibeau Wrote:  I was really gutted when the Evoque had to go but the Clio is indeed a fun alternative! Not so great in the Boxing Day snow though!! We've hopefully turned a corner with our business now after a struggle in 2014 so Hubby will be the first to return to a RRS. I will hang onto the Clio for a while but would be really interested in the 'baby baby RR' should they ever produce one! Something to look forward to!

We're not far from Chester, just the other side of Mold on the way to Ruthin Smile

I'm glad you guys gave turned things around now. It's lovely up here so I'm not missing Devon as much as I thought I would.

The RRS is my dream purchase but it's a Bridge Too Far on the financial front alas. One day I hope to see an SVR one on the drive! I live in hope. Euromillions may be my only chance though!

What do you miss most about your Evoque if you don't mind me asking?

04-01-2015 10:57pm
alibeau

(04-01-2015 10:57pm)Devonian Wrote:  I'm glad you guys gave turned things around now. It's lovely up here so I'm not missing Devon as much as I thought I would.

The RRS is my dream purchase but it's a Bridge Too Far on the financial front alas. One day I hope to see an SVR one on the drive! I live in hope. Euromillions may be my only chance though!

What do you miss most about your Evoque if you don't mind me asking?

Ooooo crikey, I miss everything about it! - It ticked all my boxes, 4x4, nippy (petrol!), fantastic looking, the joy of driving it..... But mainly the heated steering wheel Wink The dealership were fantastic (Conwy). Also peace of mind (but not in an over confident way) that in bad weather I would still make it to my destination....

05-01-2015 12:33am