Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rust
speary

Rust

Was looking under the back of my car today and was suprised to see lots of rust on various nuts and bolts and the arms from the silencer to the mounting rubbers. Also the steel covers around the fuel tanks had signs of surface rust.
I have painted with kurust to stop it getting worse
It doesn't bode will for longevity particularly for a car that is designed to go through mud and water

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-10-2013 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Rust

I guess it is only surface rust like this:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rust-prev...9#pid41749

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
20-10-2013 10:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting that LR fixed this problem for a customer with a week old Freelander2 after What Car? has taken it on and chased them up. It's the main item in the December edition of What Car? section Help Desk. LR took the car back, cleaned off the surface corrosion and treated it to make it look nice. Hopefully What car? also advised the owner of the freelander 2 that his number plates have an llegal black screw head placed in the bottom of the plates to let us know he's called P.H55 LEY, very odd way to spell P.HEEley

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-10-2013 09:29pm
RRSteve

First thing I did when I got mine was to take it to work (vehicle body builders) and sprayed the drive shafts and the other areas that have been shown to show surface rust with chassis paint with a rust preventative additive!

This would be good: Waxoyl chassis paint
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 09:28am by RRSteve.)
22-10-2013 09:23am
IvorRedOne

Second day after taking delivery I had it up on the Ramp and Waxed and sealed. 10K on the clock and it still looks Brand New. Mind you it lives in the Garage and never spent a night outside.
22-10-2013 03:44pm