Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing Power Supplies
MarkLondon

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone had either had a dealer install or done a DIY fit of power supplies Question

I have a Snooper 3Zero and want to buy a BlackVue dash camera, so want one permanent live and one ignition live.

I’d like the Snooper to be close to the windscreen and ideally, the BlackVue to be near the roof area. I’ve done it myself before but am a bit concerned about warranties and I want it to be neat and tidy in my brand new pride and joy.

Thanks, Mark

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2012 06:10pm by MarkLondon.)
15-12-2012 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Installing Power Supplies

Best person to contact for the electrical stuff is member BAS - Pete Bell, Bell Auto Services as he has access to loads of manuals and drawings

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 01:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-12-2012 01:35pm
MarkLondon

Hi and thanks for the info. I was going to ask the dealer as well, so I'll put any info here when I find out.

Thanks, Mark.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
16-12-2012 02:04pm
FujiSan

Be interested in picking up or running a supply on the drivers side up near the side air vent as well if find any info. Switched or un-switched would do.

Ideally, a USB socket capable of 5v at 1amp needs installing up there somewhere, but that's what I'm looking for.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
16-12-2012 06:03pm
Westy

I have a tom tom installed in my car on the suction mount and wanted a triggered power supply.

I ran a power lead from the accessory cigarette socket by the cup holders and ran it up to the suction mount and ran the cable under the dash and up to the dash trim, i have just a small piece of power cable near to the mount. (this is a fused supply with a female cigararette socket so to connect to the tom tom supply)

Following the powerfuluk video I carefully removed the centre console and found the power supply.

This works great as a triggered supply so as I open or close my car It switches it on or off.

I've had to change a fuse today ( long story other half dropped the end of a connector into the acc socket in and blew the fuse) did so through the back of the glovebox and plenty of power supplies into the fusebox. I also remember another member taking a permanent feed through this area into the battery compartment for a powerful communication two way radio. I think there was a post on this.

Hope this helps, it would be quite easy to do both I think

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
16-12-2012 07:48pm