Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof Lining Removal-Any Ideas
mickydd

Roof Lining Removal-Any Ideas

I need to access the underside of my Evoque roof, does anybody have access to Topix and could check if there is a service doc that details this. Not wanting to remove the roof lining, just need access to any part of the underside of roof to fix a small flat metal plate. Dont want to disturb any airbags or wiring looms.
Have already requested advice via Nick@LR, standard response, unable to assist on any none approved modifications. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Mick.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
13-04-2012 01:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Roof Lining Removal-Any Ideas

Sounds like you want to fit a ground plane for an antenna or a piece of tin pate so you can fit a magmount beacon to the roof ? Try PM'ing or email Pete Bell at BAS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 01:05pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-04-2012 01:04pm
mickydd

Tim,
You are spot on, just need to mount a small 150mm epoxy coated steel plate with double sided adhesive tape. Will send Pete a PM. Thanks.

(13-04-2012 01:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sounds like you want to fit a ground plane for an antenna or a piece of tin pate so you can fit a magmount beacon to the roof ? Try PM'ing or email Pete Bell at BAS

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
13-04-2012 01:08pm
xxxx5

Pete's your man for this!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
13-04-2012 03:47pm
mickydd

Sent Pete a PM but no response, if anyone else can access Topix service docs and let me know if there are any details relating to roof lining removal.
Would be most helpful,
Thanks
Mick

14-04-2012 10:50pm
RacingSnake

There was nothing on Topix about the roof lining removal, when I looked just over a week ago.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-04-2012 07:19am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mickydd

Thanks for that RacingSnake.
Might have to do a little exploratory work on headlining then.
Cheers for the reply.

(15-04-2012 07:19am)RacingSnake Wrote:  There was nothing on Topix about the roof lining removal, when I looked just over a week ago.

15-04-2012 10:13am
mickydd

Thanks to those of you who could be bothered to look on Topix for me. Another member very kindly sent me the document on roof headlining removal. If anyone needs a copy, please pm me and I will forward.

23-04-2012 09:32pm