Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reversing camera not working
Gorjan

RE: Reversing camera not working

I bought a car from the dealer's show room (not wanting to wait), and in the spec. , he provided, it was stated that it has a camera, which I was also able to see on the car...

I specifically chosed that one, as it was the only one with a camera the dealer had.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
21-04-2012 12:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Well I would not be happy with that! If you ordered and paid for the camera it should be on the car and fully working! I would pursue the matter further as it's clearly not acceptable to have a camera installed that doesn't work. If, on the other hand you didn't order the camera then there's little you can do!
(21-04-2012 12:52pm)Gorjan Wrote:  I bought a car from the dealer's show room (not wanting to wait), and in the spec. , he provided, it was stated that it has a camera, which I was also able to see on the car...

I specifically chosed that one, as it was the only one with a camera the dealer had.

In that case it is the dealer that is at fault. I can't understand why the car was factory fitted with a camera and no wiring to it, fitted in error maybe. Do you have any paperwork stating that it has a camera? If so you may be able to pursue it further.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 01:05pm by caroline11000.)
21-04-2012 12:59pm
doug

Sounds like it was one of the first batch of Evoques built back in july that had the rear view camera system missing,as it's a showroom model.
But its strange that the camera it self is there, without the cable harness.

Ask your dealer to check if the head unit has the software for the camera system. Than try a local Car Audio company to run the cables for you.
If it's not possible, you could go down the after Market route. Pete from bellautoservices.co.uk sells the box which would connect to the head unit so that a rear camera would work.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
21-04-2012 01:55pm
Gorjan

The dealer ordered the cables as a spare part and would install them, but was not sure if the system will register the camera, or they will need to upload a software from another car that has a functioning camera.... Bit of a mess...

If that doesn't work, they offered me aftermarket system from Alpine...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
21-04-2012 02:03pm
olde

FYI, added suggestion to the petition regarding camera reliability.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
24-04-2012 03:33am
Gorjan

(24-04-2012 03:33am)olde Wrote:  FYI, added suggestion to the petition regarding camera reliability.

Thanks!

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
24-04-2012 07:53pm