Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reversing camera not working
Gorjan

RE: Reversing camera not working

I have checked the car, it seems the camera is there... there is a a "black boxy" thing above the number plate on the right side, with lens on it Smile

I suspect, since the testing computer can't find errors, and since when I put in reverse I get the parking sensor display, it maybe that the camera is not connected for some reason, so the situation is same as it is not even there... I guess the computer diagnoses things that are plugged in in the system, or expects them to be there by default, and when putting in reverse as it sees no camera, it just shows the reverse sensors display.

Will need to leave the car with the dealer, but I cannot be separated from it now, that I have it Very Happy

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
03-04-2012 06:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Oh how strange, hope it gets sorted soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
03-04-2012 08:49am
Blackie36

I had an odd issue the other day on my 5dr 5 day old dynamic with surround camera. After getting in the car, I switched to the kerb view cameras and instead of both coming straight on - only one did, with the other side of the screen just appearing blue with a picture of a camera with a red cross through it.

Tried switching out of cam mode then back to it - same issue.

Eventually turned off the ignition for 5 minutes, then when I turned on again everything was working. Must be a software issue?
03-04-2012 09:28am
Donny Dog

(03-04-2012 06:45am)Gorjan Wrote:  Will need to leave the car with the dealer, but I cannot be separated from it now, that I have it Very Happy

I know how you feel, but, nevertheless, I'd encourage you to get it fixed as I think it's the most useful gadget on the car.
03-04-2012 12:24pm
Gorjan

The dealer service inspected the reverse camera and said the electronic installation was not done properly in the factory. They wrote to LR about it and await response.

In the mean time, being not too optimistic that it can be fixed, they have started talks of giving me stuff like roof rails as a compensation - but I am not willing to accept any of this. We have specifically asked for the car to have a reversing camera and would not buy one without it.

What are my options in cases such this, I mean if they cannot fix the issue?

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
10-04-2012 12:31pm
RacingSnake

Aftermarket?
I can't believe they won't be able to rectify this.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
10-04-2012 12:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(10-04-2012 12:32pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Aftermarket?
I can't believe they won't be able to rectify this.

I'm sure Pete at bell-auto has devised an after-market solution to putting a reversing camera in from scratch, so it can't be beyond LR surely!
10-04-2012 01:53pm
doug

Yes you can fit a aftermarket rear view camera system, that works in the sane way as the factory one.
You need one of Pete's from bellautoservices.co.uk special "movie on the go" boxes, a NTSC camera from eBay & a connection cable from Martin though discovery3.com.
It's not a DIY job, but a local car audio company would fit the kit.
I have just fitted mine. I made the mistake that as LR are British,there TV system would be PAL . Spent hours working out why the thing wouldn't work Crying

Thank you pete for answering my call for help over the Easter weekend

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
10-04-2012 04:39pm
Gorjan

Just an update of the issue...

They have told me, that they have contacted LR, who told them that this car was actually not supposed to have a camera installed!? But a camera is present, there is just no correct wiring. How can this happen?!

So now they don't want to bother with it, and the dealer said he cannot do anything, as LR doesn't allow them to add the correct wiring, just can give me some accessroy for the price of the cemara.

I checked on topix, and it shows that my car is without a cmera.

I am not satisified with this at all! I want the car to have the camera, as the rear visibility without it is poor and would not have purchased the car without the camera.

I am wondering if I should pursue this further with LR or just go aftermarket...

Can I reject the car?

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
21-04-2012 12:17pm
gw76

Did the model you ordered specifically say it came with rear view camera ? If not, im not sure you can persue it
21-04-2012 12:43pm