Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reverse camera
goldenboi79

Re: RE: Reverse camera

Correct.

(06-01-2013 04:46am)mark_n Wrote:  Thanks for that, interesting they are different. I assume "high line" is the surround camera option.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
06-01-2013 10:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jdiamond

RE: Reverse camera

I think the view from the rear camera (not wide angle) is great, especially because of the predicted, path and guidelines are projected into the image.

The one issue I have is that when we test drove the Evoque we were shown the overlay options that are mentioned in the quick start guide you get with the car....however....I am really frustrated because I cannot get these options to appear and therefore select. Does anybody else have this problem? Have they changed the SW since the new year?

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
12-01-2013 09:42pm
Kimv

Reverse camera

(12-01-2013 09:42pm)jdiamond Wrote:  I think the view from the rear camera (not wide angle) is great, especially because of the predicted, path and guidelines are projected into the image.

The one issue I have is that when we test drove the Evoque we were shown the overlay options that are mentioned in the quick start guide you get with the car....however....I am really frustrated because I cannot get these options to appear and therefore select. Does anybody else have this problem? Have they changed the SW since the new year?

There is a way to toggle those off or on. I think you have to touch the touchscreen while the camera is on (in reverse) to call up the option menu.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
12-01-2013 11:58pm
jdiamond

(12-01-2013 11:58pm)Kimv Wrote:  There is a way to toggle those off or on. I think you have to touch the touchscreen while the camera is on (in reverse) to call up the option menu.

I have tried all that. it gives options that are not in the manual. The ones I want are the ones in the manual that you are supposed to get when you touch the screen while in reverse mode. Very confusing, I can only assume that the SW has somehow changed.

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

13-01-2013 11:08pm
cjfp

To clarify, can you 'name' the options you can get and those you want ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-01-2013 11:10pm
jdiamond

(13-01-2013 11:10pm)cjfp Wrote:  To clarify, can you 'name' the options you can get and those you want ?

What I am after are options E,F and G on page 100 of the owners manual (showing graphics of what the option looks like). What I get are four options which have a tick or a cross next to them which have descriptions like "Tow Ball View", "Trailer Hitch View", and a couple of others I cannot remember as I am not in the car at the moment. I am doing exactly what it says in the manual, I have checked all the setup and settings but cannot see any way of getting the options. I know that back in November when we ordered our car the options were there as they were demonstrated to us.

I think the only alternative I have is to go to the dealer and asks them. I suspect things have changed now. If I find anything out I will let you know.
(13-01-2013 11:10pm)cjfp Wrote:  To clarify, can you 'name' the options you can get and those you want ?

What I am after are options E,F and G on page 100 of the owners manual (showing graphics of what the option looks like). What I get are four options which have a tick or a cross next to them which have descriptions like "Tow Ball View", "Trailer Hitch View", and a couple of others I cannot remember as I am not in the car at the moment. I am doing exactly what it says in the manual, I have checked all the setup and settings but cannot see any way of getting the options. I know that back in November when we ordered our car the options were there as they were demonstrated to us.

I think the only alternative I have is to go to the dealer and asks them. I suspect things have changed now. If I find anything OpOut I will let you know.

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 11:20pm by jdiamond.)
13-01-2013 11:18pm
goldenboi79

Just to Clarify this for you JDiamond, the E/F/G options from the diagram refer to the software used in the MY12 backup cams. I am guessing you have a MY13 vehicle, correct? Or possibly have had the software updated. I have driven both a MY12 (loaner) and MY13 (mine), and can confirm that in the MY12, the options show as in the manual, but in the MY13, they show as you describe.

You haven't lost anything in the MY13 though... they have just simplified it. Now options E/F/G no longer have to be manually selected in MY13 as they did in MY12. When you back up, it automatically uses all 3 of them (unless you switch to trailer hitch view). You will notice if you back-up, you have the guidance lines, plus as you get close to an object you get the "boxes" that show which area of the screen has a object triggering the backup sensors, plus the outline showing where the boot opens. It is all the same stuff that in MY12 you had to manually select by choosing either option E, F, or G.

Hope that makes sense!

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
18-01-2013 01:12am
tonydina

(02-01-2013 01:09pm)NightFox Wrote:  My biggest criticism is the location of the camera - it's too low so quickly gets covered in road spray. On my RRS the camera was next to the high-level brake light which meant it suffered much less from spray. I'm actually surprised that car manufacturers in general don't seem to use a retractable camera, where it only 'pops out' when it's activated as it would help keep it clean and clear.

The back up camera is in a terrible place. It is constantly dirty. I have one ruined index finger of a glove from always cleaning it. If they can have retractable front light window washers, they can figure out how to improve the location or have a retractable camera. Its a Fail for RR on this feature. Its a Win on so many other features and great looks, that we can excuse them on this, but should be fixed on the next re-design.
19-01-2013 11:49pm