Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EPB queries
BeemerBoy

EPB queries

Hi all,

With snow everywhere, it's raised a question the manual can't give the answer to.

1 - how do you leave the parking break off on an auto box when you switch the ignition off. They can often get stuck on in the cold - especially in the alps

2 - how do you leave the auto box in gear when you switch the ignition off - for hill parking

Thanks in advance!

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
19-01-2013 09:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: EPB queries

I think leaving it in park has a similar effect to leaving it in gear. I know from my auto Fl2 it isn't possible to leave it in gear.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-01-2013 10:04pm
rchrdleigh

1.I don't use the parking brake. It doesn't come on automatically on mine and I don't engage it.

2. Leave it in Park, same effect as leaving it in gear in a manual.
19-01-2013 11:21pm
Bowl

1.) EPB AUTOMATIC USE

EPB will be applied automatically if the ignition is switched off and the vehicle speed is below 3km/h (2mph).

To prevent automatic operation, when the vehicle is stationary, press and hold the EPB switch in the release position. Within 5 seconds, switch off the ignition and continue to hold the EPB switch for a further 2 seconds.

--> Owner's Handbook, page 87

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
20-01-2013 06:33am