Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Return To Invoice Insurance
THEMACS

Return To Invoice Insurance

Has anyone any recommendations for any providers for this type of policy? I don't want regular GAP as it won't be much use, but a RTI Insurance would fit the purpose.

When we got the car 3 months ago I asked the salesman about it and he said they have stopped selling things like that anymore, in fact he didn't try and sell me a single thing!!

I bought a policy on my BMW which was RTI and and this is what we would like on the Evoque, any recommendations appreciated.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
19-06-2012 07:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

RE: Return To Invoice Insurance

I used these guys when I took out mine.....
http://www.gapinsurance.co.uk/
Did it all on line. Their site felt better than some of the others I looked at so I went with them. Please read all the blurb to ensure you're happy though! Needless to say I hope I don't have to use it.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
19-06-2012 08:51am
J77

I took out the GAP that the dealer offered me. It's total GAP, I think it's with mapfre abraxxa ( I haven't got a clue how to spell it ). It covers the difference between original net invoice price or the balance of any outstanding finance and the market value of the vehicle, £399 5 years I think for cars below £30k, don't know what it is for over £30k as my salesman reduced the price for me.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-06-2012 08:38pm
brough74

I got RTI+ i went on the autotrader website and did it that way, cost about £290 i think. Well worth it if you have your car on finance. Especially reading the other thread on evoques stolen to order
20-06-2012 03:29pm
KaDargo

Direct Gap - £195
Seemed to cover it all.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
20-06-2012 03:50pm
BrilliantEvoque

I think it is better to do replacement gap insurance instead of invoice gap insurance. IMO Invoice gap insurance will attempt to cover the gap between what your car insurance company will offer in case of a total loss or theft and the price at which you purchased the car. The Replacement Gap insurance attempts to coevr the shortfall to replace the car on a like for like basis or near same basis i.e. in case the car price goes up, you will be covered for that too.
04-07-2012 11:31am
xxxx5

(20-06-2012 03:50pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Direct Gap - £195
Seemed to cover it all.

+1, very helpful espically as I had a lot of questions. A lot cheaper than the £599 quoted by dealership for the same product.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-07-2012 12:45pm
Kentboy

(04-07-2012 11:31am)BrilliantEvoque Wrote:  I think it is better to do replacement gap insurance instead of invoice gap insurance. IMO Invoice gap insurance will attempt to cover the gap between what your car insurance company will offer in case of a total loss or theft and the price at which you purchased the car. The Replacement Gap insurance attempts to coevr the shortfall to replace the car on a like for like basis or near same basis i.e. in case the car price goes up, you will be covered for that too.

Be careful as some replacement GAP only return a similar age and mileage car, in that case return to invoice is a better bet.
(04-07-2012 11:31am)BrilliantEvoque Wrote:  I think it is better to do replacement gap insurance instead of invoice gap insurance. IMO Invoice gap insurance will attempt to cover the gap between what your car insurance company will offer in case of a total loss or theft and the price at which you purchased the car. The Replacement Gap insurance attempts to coevr the shortfall to replace the car on a like for like basis or near same basis i.e. in case the car price goes up, you will be covered for that too.

Like for like means same age and mileage ( ie not a new car)!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 09:26pm by Kentboy.)
04-07-2012 09:24pm
BrilliantEvoque

Good point. Thanks for pointing this out. I am planning to finalise this over the weekend so will check it out.Thumbs UpThumbs Up
04-07-2012 09:49pm