Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Residuals
defender_uk

Residuals

Just looking to change the RRE and am horrified by the price that Deakers are trying to offer. Anyone else notice that the residual on their car is appalling?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-06-2012 09:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Residuals

Yes i have a freelander2 and Marshalls at Peterborough have giving me a fixed price for change on a Evoque,but i will try and sell it private as its worth another 2k.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
20-06-2012 09:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

It seems that three door coupes and manual seem to be most affected on the Autotrader but I'd be interested to hear what dealers are offering for nearly new ones. I'd be surprised if it were any more than the pre vat figure after adding 25% of the original options cost.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
20-06-2012 09:20pm
ED209

(20-06-2012 09:04pm)defender_uk Wrote:  Just looking to change the RRE and am horrified by the price that Deakers are trying to offer. Anyone else notice that the residual on their car is appalling?

Do you mean the evoques residuals are appalling or your trade in cars residuals are appalling?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-06-2012 07:46am
chiggy

(20-06-2012 09:04pm)defender_uk Wrote:  Just looking to change the RRE and am horrified by the price that Deakers are trying to offer. Anyone else notice that the residual on their car is appalling?

for what its worth.

I sold my car for what I bought it for - after 5 months of ownership and 9,500kms on the clock.

and dealers are offering you pennies for it because that car will sell the next day for a bucketload more and its easy money for them.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 08:13am
Neo

Chiggy, you should do it every 6 months so you get a new car every 6 months!!!! Brilliant idea?

You can try out different colours too, hehe.....

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 08:25am by Neo.)
21-06-2012 08:25am
chiggy

(21-06-2012 08:25am)Neo Wrote:  Chiggy, you should do it every 6 months so you get a new car every 6 months!!!! Brilliant idea?

You can try out different colours too, hehe.....

HAHA! I don't think I'm going to get so lucky next time - although I have to say... I have been very lucky with trade-in values and resales.

Wonder if I should be in the business...

might drop my Resume in to Aston Martin along with proof of experience haha!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 09:01am
WB
WB

Just sell it privately - the dealers just want to make another profit on it and will probably sell it for pretty much list price.

I just looked the other day and based on Auto Trader and ebay you should be able to sell a 6 month old car for virtually list. If you do really want to go down the dealer route then just remind them that the parker's guide for an average mileage one year old evoque is 97% of list!!

Out of interest roughly what % of list did they offer you?
21-06-2012 09:57am
defender_uk

(21-06-2012 09:57am)WB Wrote:  Just sell it privately - the dealers just want to make another profit on it and will probably sell it for pretty much list price.

I just looked the other day and based on Auto Trader and ebay you should be able to sell a 6 month old car for virtually list. If you do really want to go down the dealer route then just remind them that the parker's guide for an average mileage one year old evoque is 97% of list!!

Out of interest roughly what % of list did they offer you?

err....could never do percentages!! lol
it was low 30K for e 5 dr prestige lux with 10k miles.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
21-06-2012 05:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

Which they'd probably knock out at high thirties. I think I'd cut out the middle-man and save yourself 6 or 7 grand. Good luck!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-06-2012 10:11pm