Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Research into emotional attachment to your car or products.
tomcovuni

Research into emotional attachment to your car or products.

Hi all,

My name is Tom, I am currently in my final year studying Automotive Design at Coventry University and I conducting research into emotional attachment into cars to implement into a design for my final project.

Here are two the surveys:

(For people who own cars)
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZNP7G58

(For people who don't - product focused)
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HCL9PWW

Just answer as many questions as you can/want to. And if you really want, do both surveys! All the data collected will be anonymous.

Im sure I will get some very rich data from you guys and am looking forward to seeing some finished surveys. If there is anything you want to ask me about the survey or my project please do not hesitate, I am very keen to talk about why you love your cars!

Many thanks

Tom

(broadbet@uni.coventry.ac.uk)
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 04:07pm by tomcovuni.)
15-11-2012 07:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Research into emotional attachment to your car or products.

tomcouvi, Do you own a car? Do you love it?

Surprised you don't ask more about what would be the affect on your life if you couldn't have a car, or the symbolisation of status regarding a car. Also the independence it brings as well as the comparison to using public transport. Some ideas for you to consider...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-11-2012 09:26pm
tomcovuni

(15-11-2012 09:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  tomcouvi, Do you own a car? Do you love it?

Surprised you don't ask more about what would be the affect on your life if you couldn't have a car, or the symbolisation of status regarding a car. Also the independence it brings as well as the comparison to using public transport. Some ideas for you to consider...

Unfortunately I don't own a car, however I'm sure I would love it if I did. I usually do become sentimental about these kind of things, which is probably a big factor for choosing the topic. Thanks for your feedback these are all questions I have thought about and maybe something I can look into further if I have time.

Thank you too all who have done the questionnaire so far, getting some great stuff back Very Happy
16-11-2012 02:11am
IKM

Well done Tom for taking the initiative with this forum. And it's nice to read your appreciative comments for those who complete the survey. Good luck with your course!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
16-11-2012 04:16pm