Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote starter?
PJRange

Remote starter?

Has anyone had success with installing a remote starter in their Evoque? I looked into it and the shop said it would probably run about $1500, and then said that it might not be possible to do. Just wondering if anyone has had success and what it cost.
20-04-2013 05:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boundless

RE: Remote starter?

I'm wondering about the same thing... $1500 seems a little high though.
30-10-2014 03:14pm
RangeGuy

hi guys i just installed remote starter on my 2014 evoque for 899$ at mycaraudio in toronto. If somebody want i can try to find contact information
04-12-2014 01:15am
boundless

(04-12-2014 01:15am)RangeGuy Wrote:  hi guys i just installed remote starter on my 2014 evoque for 899$ at mycaraudio in toronto. If somebody want i can try to find contact information

RangeGuy,

That's a really reasonable price. What kind of starter did you get? I would appreciate any info you can provide.

Did you check with your dealer whether there would be any warranty issues if they installed the starter?

Thanks for your help.
04-12-2014 01:19am
RangeGuy

hi, i check before with dealer bcoz dealer told me 1600$ installes and then i ask its oem or aftermarket so he told aftermarket.
then i ask dealer about warranty and he told you still have full warranty... so i just check around for price and only one place can install other guys thay say its imposible. i have compustar remote starter 2 way
04-12-2014 02:02am
boundless

(04-12-2014 02:02am)RangeGuy Wrote:  hi, i check before with dealer bcoz dealer told me 1600$ installes and then i ask its oem or aftermarket so he told aftermarket.
then i ask dealer about warranty and he told you still have full warranty... so i just check around for price and only one place can install other guys thay say its imposible. i have compustar remote starter 2 way

thanks a lot RangeGuy! I am going to call mycaraudio and get it installed too. I need it badly in this weather.

there's not too many evoque owners in toronto here, so its nice to meet you. what colour is your car?
04-12-2014 05:25am
Pcgeary1973

(04-12-2014 05:25am)boundless Wrote:  thanks a lot RangeGuy! I am going to call mycaraudio and get it installed too. I need it badly in this weather.

there's not too many evoque owners in toronto here, so its nice to meet you. what colour is your car?

I spoke to Mike at mycaraudio and have to say he was extremely helpful and indicated he doesn't use an interface for starting but taps into the wires. Does need the second key for it to work and either viper or compustar modules can be used. Going to have two way system installed next weekend on my 13.
05-12-2014 08:35pm