Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reversing Camera and Parking Sensors
Jonny392

Reversing Camera and Parking Sensors

So I have had my evoque now a few weeks. Purchased the Dynamic Lux model which has all the extra's.

The reversing camera shows a blue screen when I select reverse after starting the car, why would this be? No image is shown.

Also the front and rear parking sensors do not seem to be working. Can these be turned on or off?

Thanks,
Jonny
11-06-2014 04:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Reversing Camera and Parking Sensors

Something is very wrong, while it isn't instant your reversing cam should come on with the rear view pretty quickly after selecting reverse unless the car is pre-2013MY when the reversing frequently never came on until after you had completed the manouvre.
The display in the car also uses the parking sensors to indicate when you are getting too close to an obstruction behind you - they start out amber until you are too close to operate the tailgate and then turn red on the screen. It could be that you parking sensors and cam have become disconnected. Is it a new or used Evoque? Even if it is a very early used car it will still have a bit of Land Rover's warranty up to September this year so best to get it into a dealership for investigation before the warranty expires. If it was bought from a non-franchised LR dealer it will make no difference as the car has a 3 year warranty from date of first registration.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-06-2014 05:34pm
PhilSkill

RE: Reversing Camera and Parking Sensors

Also with the parking sensors, if you can see the "P" hard button light illuminated the sensors should be working and causing Audible beeps as well as there being the Indicators on the Camera screen.

Definitely sounds like a fault, so get it back to a dealer while the LR warranty still exists.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-06-2014 10:40pm