Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reliably And Maintenance
kin93

Reliably And Maintenance

I am thing of buying a 2013/2015 RRE ever since I saw one cut me off on the freeway(which was a prick move), the only thing is whenever I hear Range Rover the words unreliable and UK come to mind, so therefore I am worried that it might break down on me on a freeway or it might spend more time in the shop than on the roads. One of my biggest concern besides it breaking down/unreliability is that since the parts are from the UK it may be harder to find them here in America so if something breaks I might get charged an arm and a leg compared to the Infiniti I originally wanted. Have any of you evoque owners had any serious problems? I want the car to last me 4-5 years at the least bit preferable 6-7. should you suggest I buy this or the Infiniti I wanted.
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 05:01am by kin93.)
20-08-2015 04:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

RE: Reliably And Maintenance

If you read through this forum, you'll never buy one, but then if you read VW, Audi or BMW forums, you'd never buy any of them either! I've only had mine for a few months and have about 6000k's on it, but so far so good. Not a single problem or complaint. It's fantastic to drive, supremely comfortable, and looks to kill. I really think the old thoughts about "don't buy pommie sh$t" are now well and truly buried. This is a quality vehicle by all standards.
20-08-2015 07:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Unreliable Evoques are out there, but they are rare when you look at the number sold. More worrying that unreliablity though is shoddy build quality which means the poor owner has to spend a lot of time taking their car back to a dealership to get niggling defects put right. Things like rattles and software glitches that don't stop the car but ruin the ownership experience. By unreliable I mean a car that will leave you stranded and in need of a tow truck, I don't mean rattles and quality issues, Evoque has a pretty good reputation on that front and there are actually few posts about being towed away to the nearest dealer on the forum. Several owners here have had that experience, there is no denying it. However look at it this way -in the UK recently a JD Power survey showed that Land Rover products are acually more reliable than BMW's products.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-08-2015 08:18am
DVFlyer

(20-08-2015 07:55am)Clip Wrote:  If you read through this forum, you'll never buy one, but then if you read VW, Audi or BMW forums, you'd never buy any of them either!

+1 to this.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
20-08-2015 02:15pm
Johnh

I've got an Evoque and a Toyota Surf which I use for work. We also have a Mercedes C.L.K. Convertible. So we have the full spectrum of car experience. If you want total reliability then Japanese.if you want Vor Sprung De Technic then German. However if you want big smile aspiration, Range Rover! It is very special. Watch out for green envy and people not giving way at T junctions and roundabouts!.
20-08-2015 08:14pm