Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reliable?
griff

Reliable?

No issues at all. The Car drives superbly and I have not had any breakdowns.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
28-09-2012 01:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaDargo

RE: Reliable?

5500 in mine, no real issues (door has started squeaking - beleive that is rubber seals?, and I have the roundabout turbo-lag (TCM update?) - will speak to dealer about both)

Not unduly bothered about mpg (currently ave 35) - it's the same as my old petrol car, so it's ok bearing in mind it's a 4x4 etc.

I still grin when I see it, adnire it from the other side of the road when parked, sneak a peek through the bedroom curtains when it's on the drive. etc.................!

I absolutely LOVE this car Surprised

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
28-09-2012 02:24pm
vinda

12 months of ownership. 11000 miles. And living it. No problems
28-09-2012 02:24pm
invoke

11 months, 11,000 miles and so many problems !!

I differ with the above opinions for obvious reasons. Mine has been in shop several times since day zero. Picked up the new car, before pulling in driveway, the bonnet/hood sensor found defective, then next week boot/trunk fail to close, following month coolant light went off, then SatNav malfunction, rattling started in main dash, no one has ever been able to solve this ongoing and very annoying problem, then the driver door switch panel become loose and was in hand one day and most recently car ran into a small bump and rear control arm got bent with our any direct damage to the truck, which is regardless not covered under warranty per service manager. This is a major red flag as I have kids and most of my drives are on highways/motorways - major safety concern. In between truck has been in garage several times and on each visit it comes back with several extra miles on it. Perhaps my truck is used for quite a joy ride by service people.

Some other evoquees had other serious experiences, like car died within 10 days, transmission failure, battery drained etc etc , in some cases they end up getting a new one in replacement.

I'm not totally negative about this truck- certainly many cherish the vehicle, it's looks sharp and has a prestigious logo of range rover, have a luxurious interior and overall is impressive. On the down side it lacks performance and power. Reliability and durability, only time will tell.

So it depends what you are looking for, a sexy truck or ford powered performance.

I suggest if you are so mush inclined towards evoke, then have some patience for atlase few years till LR iron out all the glitches.

Lastly not to mention, buy or lease from a reliable dealer with a dependable service team. they can rip you off very easily as most like me are still suffering. [Duckwork is great, if you live in that area]

Apologize I got bad taste in mouth since first day, From interaction with the uneducated and foul mouthed cheapstake dealer to ongoing issues with my truck to poor service support.

I'll be going back to x3 soon, The car I last owned lived unto my expectations with a dedicated 158K miles performance, didn't need a single service visit except for oil, plugs, filters, brakes, tyres etc. Regret trading it in.

Good luck !!

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 05:32pm by invoke.)
28-09-2012 03:22pm
peet

6 months, 7500 miles. Mine broke down once (went into get me home mode with no power). LR assist were helpful but not very organised. They gave me a nice RR Sport Autobiography for a week and as I was 250 miles from home when she broke down, they shipped her back to me on a low loader. The fault turned out to be a dodgy throttle position sensor which was replaced. I have had no further issues and I got the impression from the LR assist guys that mine was the first Evoque that they had been called out for.

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
28-09-2012 04:04pm
LDT

No problems at all in six months of ownership, save the minor issue that CD's will not now upload.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
28-09-2012 05:46pm
cutter7

Reliable?

Collected mine 9/12/2011, and it's just passed 19k miles with no problems or rattles etc at all, apart from my drivers door strut which had worked loose (the double clunk sound when closing)

I sorted this myself back in Jan, and i have had no issues since.. they really are great all-round cars, and even now one year later from launch, they still attract so much attention from people looking back at you as you drive past...Very Happy

Score..8/10, could of been higher, but the MPG is or maybe, its downfall.. (i have the SD4)

(This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 09:13pm by cutter7.)
28-09-2012 06:44pm
wilsonmg

Reliable?

6 months and 14,000 miles... All tip top so far
30-09-2012 08:14pm
LIONHEAD

Alittle over 10 months and 4,200 miles on the odometer (hardly drove it over this summer). Other than the dronning/vibration noise around 40mph and sometimes a hard kickback when the car downshifts to 1st gear, I've had no other mechanical issues. How does your family like the Cayenne? Having second thoughts maybe I should have bought the Cayenne Turbo instead of two SUVs last year.
01-10-2012 09:43pm
mnd

I've had a fair few issues.
1. Picked her up with a faulty entertainment system cooling fan which made the most annoying noise
2. Air conditioning compressor dropped all its gas upon startup
3. Rear shelf holder snapped
4. ....and today, battery drained overnight for no apparent reason. Just had its 6 month check last week with no faults found and today the battery dies and they claim a faulty battery cell since new. Anybody else seen this one ?

Beginning to frustrate me.
01-10-2012 11:13pm