Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Red/White Speedo Lights
Pepino

Red/White Speedo Lights

My Petrol Dynamic Coupe Evoque came without the Dynamic terrain response option which if I am right, between many things it changes, it also changes the speedo lights from white to red.
As mine doesnt have the Dynamic driving option, is there any other way to change the dashboard lights from white to red?
From this

To this

11-12-2011 09:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights

I think I will want the answer to this too but for my Pure

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-12-2011 10:01am
Rootsboy

i have a feeling once i get mine, i would rather the lights stayed white while it is in dynamic mode.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
11-12-2011 10:05am
DDX

Red/White Speedo Lights

I'm quite surprised that, for any market, they made a dynamic without dynamic mode. Seems kind of pointless. I can only assume, but in sure that all the speedos have the red LEDs built in as it's probably more boat effective than making two types. If that's the case, it's probably a software controlled switch.

Regardless, it's cool in the beginning but I find the red speedo quite annoying after a while.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
11-12-2011 11:00am
mark_n

I agree with DDX. It's a bit of bling too far and there should be a user option to keep them white.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-12-2011 11:37am
berlin2011

(11-12-2011 11:00am)DDX Wrote:  I can only assume, but in sure that all the speedos have the red LEDs built in as it's probably more boat effective than making two types.

You're right (about the LED's built in) but they are making many types - 6 in all, 3 each for Petrol and Diesel with the differences being MPH, US MPH and KMH, but no differentiation on Dynamic Mode (i.e. red LED's) or not.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
11-12-2011 12:27pm
Pepino

(11-12-2011 11:00am)DDX Wrote:  I'm quite surprised that, for any market, they made a dynamic without dynamic mode. Seems kind of pointless.

x2 Evil
I have all the terrain response programs but Dynamic, which I also thought it already had it, We also have Pures with Xenon Headlamps and Prestiges and dynamic with Halogens. When I bought it they said this one had all the options, then I noticed no Xenons, no Dynamic mode, no 5 cameras, no Navigation, but they told me all Evoques were going to come this way, so I bought it, then the day I picked mine up I saw a 5 door Fuji white with every single option, and asked the guy what was up with that, and he said that they brought a couple of Evoques (none coupes or Dynamics) with every option but price went up to 72,000 Dollars. But I wanted a Dynamic and a Coupe so this was my only option.

If anybody knows how to control the LEDS let us know!
11-12-2011 06:52pm
berlin2011

Dynamic mode comes with AD (Adaptive Dynamics) - I have a Prestige Coupe with AD and consequently Dynamic Mode.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
11-12-2011 07:00pm
Pepino

(11-12-2011 07:00pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Dynamic mode comes with AD (Adaptive Dynamics) - I have a Prestige Coupe with AD and consequently Dynamic Mode.

Mine doesnt have Dynamic mode, I have Snow, mud, sand gravel and thats it, not Dynamic the little dynamic logo is missing from the program selection thing. Let me go take a picture and ill show you.
11-12-2011 07:56pm
item

I can just say that Adaptive Dynamics is only for SD4 (190cv) and Si4 (240cv) (Dynamic and Prestige) model in belgium configurator. Sad

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 09:05pm by item.)
12-12-2011 05:02pm