Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommend a dealer!!!
ElliotJG

Recommend a dealer!!!

No, not that sort of dealer..

Hi all, new member joined yesterday. Been having a read of the Forum since then and am quite impressed with all the info..

So, at the end of the month I'll be looking to place an order for my Evoque, not only will this be my first RR, but also my first brand-new car. So I'm quite looking forward to it...) I've been busy with the configurator, selecting and de-selecting this and that, until arriving at a spec that I'm happy with.

My question is this, I'm currently located in Staffordshire, and I was wondering if there are any particular dealers I should be using, and any to avoid.. Obviously I've no experience with RR dealers so decided to register on here and see if anyone has any advice..

Over to you, ladies and gents..
02-03-2014 02:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Red FR

RE: Recommend a dealer!!!

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of good advice etc.
I have used Shukers at Shrewsbury a couple of times and have had good service and deals, not too far away, ask for Neil he is now the business manager but is a good guy to deal with. I'm sure others will post with their preferred dealers.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 03:19pm by Red FR.)
02-03-2014 03:18pm
rchip25

Probably slightly too far away but I can thoroughly recommend Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield. Excellent service plus I got a free toy lamb (guess it's name) when I signed the order form.

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
02-03-2014 03:36pm
ElliotJG

Thanks for those comments guys.. To be honest, Chesterfield isnt too far too avoid some of the potential horrorstories that I've heard about dealers..

I really dont understand why it is when someone's spending a considerable amount of money on what could be viewed as a "prestige" car, the dealer's attitude can be very "take it or leave it".

I'm actually due to be moving to Scarborough in a couple of months actually, so that opens up the possibility of using North Yorkshire dealers too, if I cant find a decent one around Staffordshire..

However, I'll contact the ones that have been recommended so far and ask them about deposits/timescales/buildslots etc.
02-03-2014 03:52pm
speary

I would recommend Williams Manchester

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-03-2014 03:58pm
SINGHY

I would recommend Farnells at Bradford.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
02-03-2014 05:39pm
ElliotJG

Any particular reason for those recommendations?? Low deposit? decent freebies? No cock-ups etc???

One thing I can definitely do without is my vehicle arriving with incorrect/missing spec-options etc. That's something I've heard has happened more often than it should.
02-03-2014 06:56pm
rchip25

(02-03-2014 06:56pm)ElliotJG Wrote:  Any particular reason for those recommendations?? Low deposit? decent freebies? No cock-ups etc???

One thing I can definitely do without is my vehicle arriving with incorrect/missing spec-options etc. That's something I've heard has happened more often than it should.

Well if Gordon the Lamb doesn't sway for you then nothing will. Laughing

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 08:12pm by rchip25.)
02-03-2014 08:11pm
ElliotJG

(02-03-2014 08:11pm)rchip25 Wrote:  Well if Gordon the Lamb doesn't sway for you then nothing will. Laughing

Is the lamb made of out of food and come free with a jar of mintsauce???? Because if so, then we may indeed have a sale...
02-03-2014 08:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you don't mind travelling south a bit then you could try our forum sponsor Hadley Green in Barnet North London.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 10:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-03-2014 10:06pm