Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear door not locking
Urban Splash

Rear door not locking

I'm somewhat confused and would be grateful for some help....

Had the car a few days and just noticed that when the car is locked (both stages of lock), the passenger side rear door is not locking. All the other doors and the boot are though. Is it because I have an isofix base in that seat position? Maybe a safety feature? If so, how does it lock!!!

Cheers!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
03-07-2012 06:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Rear door not locking

I would say faulty lock i had the same on my Freelander only a few months ago.replaced under warranty.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
03-07-2012 06:55pm
Kimv

I think: you ------------> dealer

Doesn't sound normal.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
03-07-2012 06:56pm
Urban Splash

Well thats just great. A £40k car that doesn't lock. Pathetic

Thanks for the help...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
03-07-2012 06:58pm
Kimv

Rear door not locking

(03-07-2012 06:58pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Well thats just great. A £40k car that doesn't lock. Pathetic

Thanks for the help...

It shouldn't happen but look at the bright side: I'd prefer a faulty lock over a paintwork problem any day!

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
03-07-2012 07:11pm
Barton Evoque

I had to manually lock my rear door from the inside before exiting.so i knew all doors were locked using the remote till it was fixed.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
03-07-2012 07:12pm
Urban Splash

(03-07-2012 07:12pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  I had to manually lock my rear door from the inside before exiting.so i knew all doors were locked using the remote till it was fixed.

I'm not gonna do that and have to negotiate past the isofix base every time. They can keep it till its fixed. bet they try to fob me off with a freelander loan car..

03-07-2012 07:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Nowt wrong with a Freelander as a loaner, better than some of the Kia's and Fiats that some dealer put out as loaners, and better than no loaner at all!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-07-2012 08:12pm
Urban Splash

True.... To be fair, just locked it inside and it worked. See what they say tomorrow.....

Good old land rover quality control!

03-07-2012 09:17pm
cjfp

Does it lock if you use the internal drivers central locking button?

Does it lock when you drive off?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-07-2012 09:26pm