Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear door card removal
LG8340

Rear door card removal

I need to access the skin of the rear door to effect a paint led minor repair. How do I get the trim off

SD4 Prestige / 5 Door / Fuji White / Tech Pack / Tan - Ivory interior / 22" rims / bonnet vents /
rear camera / park assist / pano roof / privacy glass / front parking sensors
18-08-2013 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

RE: Rear door card removal

(18-08-2013 05:28pm)LG8340 Wrote:  I need to access the skin of the rear door to effect a paint led minor repair. How do I get the trim off

From TOPIx workshop manual

Attached File(s)
.pdf  rear door card removal.pdf (Size: 297.23 KB / Downloads: 226)

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
18-08-2013 06:12pm
LG8340

Trapdoor
Thanks for the link. Very helpful.
Would you know where the side impact bar is located as I need to get in behind the swage line ridge 2/3ds of the way down the door?
I need a clearance to get the PDR tool in to massage out the small indent. Your help would be very appreciated

(19-08-2013 01:13pm)LG8340 Wrote:  Trapdoor
Would you know where the side impact bar is located as I need to get in behind the swage line ridge 2/3ds of the way down the door?
I need a clearance to get the PDR tool in to massage out the small indent. Your help would be very appreciated

Thanks and this is the dent in question which I will attempt tomorrow to remove by PDR.

I'll post the result

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige / 5 Door / Fuji White / Tech Pack / Tan - Ivory interior / 22" rims / bonnet vents /
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 02:06pm by LG8340.)
19-08-2013 01:13pm
Trapdoor

(19-08-2013 01:13pm)LG8340 Wrote:  Trapdoor

Thanks and this is the dent in question which I will attempt tomorrow to remove by PDR.

I'll post the result

Ouch. Nasty. Hope you can get that sorted....

Annoyingly, I've just tried to login to TOPIx and my sub has expired. It's not particularly cheap but I took out a month sub in July, specifically to pull a few service bulletins off before I battle with my dealer over a warranty claim (been there too many times with BMW $tealers to take the risk).

You can get a one day, one week or one month sub to Topix, single model, single year, and it will allow you access to the WM, though it's not the easiest thing to navigate.

If I decide to renew my sub, I'll look it up for you ...

Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
19-08-2013 03:01pm
LG8340

(19-08-2013 03:01pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  Ouch. Nasty. Hope you can get that sorted....

Annoyingly, I've just tried to login to TOPIx and my sub has expired. It's not particularly cheap but I took out a month sub in July, specifically to pull a few service bulletins off before I battle with my dealer over a warranty claim (been there too many times with BMW $tealers to take the risk).

You can get a one day, one week or one month sub to Topix, single model, single year, and it will allow you access to the WM, though it's not the easiest thing to navigate.

If I decide to renew my sub, I'll look it up for you ...

Trapdoor,
The PDR was fantastically successful and well worth £150.
See after photo attached

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 07:55pm by LG8340.)
20-08-2013 07:50pm
RacingSnake

I've always said in the past... dent removal = witchcraft Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
21-08-2013 11:21am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LG8340

FYI the job was done in 90 minutes by Martin Leach a.k.a Dentman in Twickenham
Tel: 07774 812512
Martin is also mobile.

21-08-2013 11:51am
Trapdoor

When I had my 'pride and joy' MGF several years ago - a beautiful white one with read leather interior - it was parked in my garage whilst we had the builders in doing some remedial work to their bodged house, and one of them swung a length of wood into the rear wing - the PDR bloke got it out without trace. I watched him work, and I agree, it IS witchcraft as I cannot see how prising and tapping with a hammer can get the dent out completely.

Anyone remember that Father Ted episode with the car raffle and Ted gently tapping out a tiny dent - camera pulls back and the car is totally wrecked?

(This post was last modified: 21-08-2013 06:50pm by Trapdoor.)
21-08-2013 06:49pm