Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Rear View Mirror View
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rear View Mirror View

In the press a lot of fuss has been made about the view in the rear view mirror and that it wasn't great. Having driven mine now for 2 days the rear view mirror problem has been blown up out of all proportion. True that are better rear views on larger cars with bigger back windows, but to be honest the rear view has not been a problem since I lowered the head restraints. The view out of the RRS and the FFRR was good but as soon as you raised the centre head restraint you immediately lost half the view out.
One of the guys on my outing today was most interested to see the rear view and his pronouncement was - what's wrong with it, it's a great view out and far better that that in the rear view mirror of the Honda Hybrids and the Toyota Prius.................

This is what all the fuss was about in the press.
[Image: file-19.jpg]
It is small after coming from a FFRR or a Disco3 but I'm sure those coming from a Honda CRZ, Audi TT or a VW Scirocco will be used to a similar view out the back.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 10:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-09-2011 10:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Rear View Mirror View

Too right! I'm coming from a TTS and didn't bat an eyelid during my test drive. Like the side mirrors and the rear camera was fab!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
12-09-2011 01:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

This view on the surround cam is going to prove very useful for parking too.... it's one of the two special views in the system - the kerb view. It's not too clear and I'll try to get a better photo
[Image: file-26.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2011 07:37am
defender_uk

The cams I found to be invaluable on the RRS, so will defo get used on the RRE

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
12-09-2011 08:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I test drove a coupe and didn't think the view was too bad not any worse than the freelander I have at the moment. Besides being a bus driver I don't use my mirrors anyway. Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-09-2011 11:09am