Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Rear Camera - some advice
Big G

I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while and still not sure. I've ordered a Prestige Coupe and asked for front/and rear parking sensors (for the Wife obviously!Laughing ). However I'm also now thinking of opting for the rear camera as another aid to parking given the visibility issues.

I haven't seen it in action and was wondering what the thoughts were on whether it was worth the extra.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 06:43pm by cjfp.)
09-11-2011 06:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pfanni

RE: Rear Camera - some advice

Well, in my opinion this is a "must have" extra.
You will love if you have it. You don´t miss it if have no experience with it...
Just like the Ipad - no one needs it, everybody have it.

Here´s a video with rear camera in action:
09-11-2011 06:50pm
BOBM4N

thought it came as standard on Prestige....

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
09-11-2011 07:00pm
LDT

(09-11-2011 06:33pm)Big G Wrote:  I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while and still not sure. I've ordered a Prestige Coupe and asked for front/and rear parking sensors (for the Wife obviously!Laughing ). However I'm also now thinking of opting for the rear camera as another aid to parking given the visibility issues.

I haven't seen it in action and was wondering what the thoughts were on whether it was worth the extra.

Thanks.

I agree. Standard on Prestige along with front and rear parking sensors.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
09-11-2011 07:34pm
WB
WB

It is standard on UK prestige models. If it's an option then I would very much recommend it probably second only to the panoramic roof! The rear view out of an Evoque is ok but with the rear view camera you can see everything behind the car - it's very wide angled and has very useful lines to guide you of the width of the car and how close you are to the kerb etc.
09-11-2011 08:39pm
DynamicRRV

A MUST HAVE!!!
09-11-2011 08:44pm
Evoqess

Adds confidence with backing up for sure. I said no to the Magneride, xenons etc but non negotiables were rear cam, pano roof and power tailgate.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
09-11-2011 08:50pm
Kwacka

I am not sure if I have a problem with mine but to be honest by the time it kicks in I am already halfway through reversing anyway so tend to use the good old fashioned mirrors, does anyone else find it takes a long time for the camera to work?
09-11-2011 09:01pm
Acwats

Me too. I cannot use this to steer the car when reversing.
It's good to check behind the car as visibity is restricted but looking down at the dashboard does not give you the awareness of how the front end is swinging that you get from using the mirrors.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
09-11-2011 09:08pm
Blackseries

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I seem to remember when reversing in addition to the picture being displayed ..... sound from the rear of the car is also piped through the stereo so I could hear a child cycling along the pavement quite clearly as well as see them. I thought that was a really useful safety aid.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
10-11-2011 06:06pm