Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real world questions before I take the plunge...
Mdavenport555

So, I have a range rover evoque on my company car list. It's the Pure ED4 version that I can have so is not the 4 wheel drive all singin all dancing but hey it's still a range rover evoque... I have the following questions before I commit:-

1. The combined mpg is 56.x. What would I expect to get driving typically 50 mph down country lanes with a little town driving around 3?. I do about 30 miles per day and about 5 of these are around town.. Don't really get stuck in traffic jams either

2. How many litres does the tank hold?

3. How many miles do you typically get from a full tank of fuel?

4. How much does it typically cost you to fill the tank (I know I could work this out with point 2 but wondered if you would share your info)

5. What's the best MPG you have seen over a particular run and when profile did that journey take?

Look forward to hearing your responses...

Regards
18-06-2012 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Real world questions before I take the plunge...

Welcome, Mdavenport555.

We do have some ed4 members on here so you should get answers, the Evoque isn't getting the anticipated mpg figures quoted, but what's new, other manufacturers have similar issues.

All I can say at the moment is the tank is 60 litres.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-06-2012 10:06pm
PhilSkill

ED4, you'll likely to see 45mpg, doing the 50mph stuff out of traffic, this is where the Evoque is at its best, 450 miles per tank should be somewhere about right. Although 30 miles a day if thats 2 15 mile journeys you will lose out a bit in winter as engine wont fully heat up for much of the journey, with heaters on etc so mpg will drop a touch in winter.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-06-2012 11:24pm
Mdavenport555

Does anyone know what the litre capacity of the boot in a Evoque ED4?

One other deciding factor (well, the wife's) is will I get the push chair travel system in the boot along with a case to go on holiday...

Thanks
19-06-2012 09:51am
mark_n

I think that will be tight, the boot is quite small though you can of course put the seats down. Beyond that, you can stick stuff on the roof but that will impact your fuel consumption.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-06-2012 09:55am
PAT

(19-06-2012 09:51am)Mdavenport555 Wrote:  Does anyone know what the litre capacity of the boot in a Evoque ED4?

Luggage capacity: 575 litres with the seats up and 1445 litres with the seats down.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
19-06-2012 03:20pm
Kimv

(19-06-2012 03:20pm)PAT Wrote:  Luggage capacity: 575 litres with the seats up and 1445 litres with the seats down.

Take those figures with a grain of salt...
A big rocky grain even...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:26pm by Kimv.)
19-06-2012 06:24pm
PAT

(19-06-2012 06:24pm)Kimv Wrote:  Take those figures with a grain of salt...
A big rocky grain even...

And why's that exactly?

Figures taken from the RRE broucher but if you know something that nobody else does then please share Rolling Eyes

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
19-06-2012 06:30pm
Kimv

My previous car was a Vectra GTS with a boot space of 500L (seats up) stated in the brochure. The Evoque boot space is nowhere near that.
(19-06-2012 06:30pm)PAT Wrote:  And why's that exactly?

Figures taken from the RRE broucher but if you know something that nobody else does then please share Rolling Eyes

I don't say you invented those figures. They are indeed written in the brochure. I just think that they measure the boot space in a way that the figures seem very generous but the actual usable space is much smaller. I think they measure from the bottom of the boot upto the ceiling of the car without taking into account the lid. Since the space is mostly vertically oriented as opposed to horizontally (like in the Vectra) you lose a lot of space above the lid.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:35pm by Kimv.)
19-06-2012 06:31pm
PAT

Not sure exactly how they come to that figure but who knows.

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:38pm by PAT.)
19-06-2012 06:36pm