Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
forest172

RE: Real world mpg

(10-01-2012 06:06pm)vinda Wrote:  Just filled up. Last tank full 56 litres. Got 391 mile out of it. So 31.8mpg. All sorts of driving. About 220 on motorway. 170urban.

Sd4 auto or man?

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
10-01-2012 08:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

(10-01-2012 08:43pm)forest172 Wrote:  Sd4 auto or man?

Auto
11-01-2012 12:45am
PhilSkill

Update to graph, first time actual mpg is down from previous fill, bit surprised as weather has been warmer of late, not used the a/c or screen demist etc much. This included 180 miles of Motorway with a 15 min stop/start, then my usual ~50mph with bit of 30mph daily commute of 25mins each way. Average speed 40mph.

Was hoping it had improved Sad especially as the trip showed the best figure yet, but the motorway bit probably did me no favours.

This fill was on Texaco Fuel.

Have added Trip A's calculated mpg so we can see how they compare (reset each fill).
May add avg speed later but didn't record this to start with.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-01-2012 09:20pm
cjfp

From LS CS today via email
"The readings for the MPG are set by the Government, they test our vehicles in certain conditions. MPG results on your vehicle may differ depending on driving style, the road surface, traffic conditions and load. This is all explained on page 163 of the handbook."

so .....

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-01-2012 06:03pm
lrdaft

Car back from dealer found nothing wrong ,however they will take another look in feb when in to get the steering issue sorted
Anyone else had theirs to get checked out yet?

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
18-01-2012 07:26pm
Dave_T

Mine was checked by dealer today.
Checked for fault codes - none
Checked for TSB's / updates / bulletins from Landrover - none
Checked that the correct software version is installed in car - correct.

Therefore car is functioning correctly and it must be me Rolling Eyes
That'll be the same 'me' that can exceed the manufacturers figure with every other car I own, but not this one.

So... what now?

Well, my consumption has improved since correcting the tyre pressures it was delivered with. 31psi on the fronts (should be 35) was causing 10% loss. Now that the car has passed 3k miles it appears to be improving slightly - another couple of mpg.

This leaves me about 20% adrift of where it should be. Or to put that in £'s, a difference of about £1k per year. That's only part of the story. If the Evoque is perceived as a 'gas guzzler' this will damage it's image (more than 'posh' did Rolling Eyes ) and affect it's residual value.

I will monitor the car for another month / 2k miles, and if it does not improve, I will pursue Landrover for costs resulting from their false advertising.
18-01-2012 09:29pm
THEMACS

(18-01-2012 09:29pm)Dave_T Wrote:  Mine was checked by dealer today.
Checked for fault codes - none
Checked for TSB's / updates / bulletins from Landrover - none
Checked that the correct software version is installed in car - correct.

Therefore car is functioning correctly and it must be me Rolling Eyes
That'll be the same 'me' that can exceed the manufacturers figure with every other car I own, but not this one.

So... what now?

Well, my consumption has improved since correcting the tyre pressures it was delivered with. 31psi on the fronts (should be 35) was causing 10% loss. Now that the car has passed 3k miles it appears to be improving slightly - another couple of mpg.

This leaves me about 20% adrift of where it should be. Or to put that in £'s, a difference of about £1k per year. That's only part of the story. If the Evoque is perceived as a 'gas guzzler' this will damage it's image (more than 'posh' did Rolling Eyes ) and affect it's residual value.

I will monitor the car for another month / 2k miles, and if it does not improve, I will pursue Landrover for costs resulting from their false advertising.

Good luck with that, me thinks you will not be very successful thoughSad

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
18-01-2012 09:33pm
cjfp

(18-01-2012 09:29pm)Dave_T Wrote:  I will monitor the car for another month / 2k miles, and if it does not improve, I will pursue Landrover for costs resulting from their false advertising.

See my post above - they'll will say they are not their figures - you'll have to sue the Government!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-01-2012 09:46pm
lrdaft

Oh well autotrader it is then ,tdv8 full fat rangie will come home soon,at least I can get 29mpg out of them once they are chipped up to 320bhp,mind you supercharged are getting very cheap and petrol is so much cheaper will need to sleep on it

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
18-01-2012 09:53pm
ytshome

Used to have the 3.0DS jag before this and regularly achieved mid to high thirties and this was out of a car that only had 3k on it when I sold it. Then I read Whatcar mag this month and the new 2.2 (same engine better gearbox) jag xf which is a little heavier and has only done 3k from new is averaging 46.7mpg. Makes my high twenties a little disappointing, especially when Whatcar praised the 8 speed box for always being in the right gear. If mine would actually learn my driving style it would know to change up much sooner instead of holding onto low gears and ruining the mpg.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
18-01-2012 11:04pm