Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone Call - Gutted
KaDargo

Phone Call - Gutted

Like everyone else, I am/was looking forward SO much to getting the new motor (due to pick up on 2nd March)
Anyway, phone call yesterday - car has arrived, everything is ok apart from the cirrus headlining looks like the ivory (they apparently had a few problems ordering it) - oh and one other thing , it's a manual (ordered auto) Shocked

Do I still want it ???!!!

No, that's why I ordered auto - I am going to have to re-order and wait another couple of months.
The salesman said the manager would ring tomorrow to discuss (there is a another in the showroom almost to spec but with the lux pack which they may try and sell me, but it has had people crawling over it for a few weeks)
I think he may try and sell me that with a 'sweetener', but it isn't what I really want.

If I stick with my original order, what is the minimum 'compensation' I should expect / push for for their cock-up ?

(I had already sorted insurance, booked a hotel for a weekend away. and moved the best part of £40K from savings which I am now going to lose a couple of months interest - can't put it back)

Censored

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
21-02-2012 11:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Phone Call - Gutted

(21-02-2012 11:45am)KaDargo Wrote:  Like everyone else, I am/was looking forward SO much to getting the new motor (due to pick up on 2nd March)
Anyway, phone call yesterday - car has arrived, everything is ok apart from the cirrus headlining looks like the ivory (they apparently had a few problems ordering it) - oh and one other thing , it's a manual (ordered auto) Shocked

Do I still want it ???!!!

No, that's why I ordered auto - I am going to have to re-order and wait another couple of months.
The salesman said the manager would ring tomorrow to discuss (there is a another in the showroom almost to spec but with the lux pack which they may try and sell me, but it has had people crawling over it for a few weeks)
I think he may try and sell me that with a 'sweetener', but it isn't what I really want.

If I stick with my original order, what is the minimum 'compensation' I should expect / push for for their cock-up ?

(I had already sorted insurance, booked a hotel for a weekend away. and moved the best part of £40K from savings which I am now going to lose a couple of months interest - can't put it back)

Censored

This really is Terrible. I hope they don't give me your Auto!!! I would have it if they give me the difference back in the fuel consumption though LaughingLaughingLaughing
21-02-2012 11:47am
ED209

That is a disgrace, I would insist of having use of the wrong car until they source the right car for you. At their expense of course!
21-02-2012 11:52am
dandavis1

(21-02-2012 11:52am)ED209 Wrote:  That is a disgrace, I would insist of having use of the wrong car until they source the right car for you. At their expense of course!

Totally agree.
21-02-2012 11:55am
Cedric

Really sorry to hear that KaDargo. Can you get a priority build? They should have some slots for such mistakes. Maybe you can even ask for another gadget to cover for moral damages!
21-02-2012 11:56am
ChuckieB

OMG!!!!! That is frankly awful.

From previous purchasing experience (cheaper cars any way), I understand they are not necessarily obliged to provide you with certain features if they have problems sourcing bits and so specifications may change. Not that I know where the lines of acceptability are but, if there has been a cock up on the box, then I my mind that is a fundamental ordering issue not delivery issue and so long as you have the order confirmation to support I think they should be falling over themselves to be putting it right!

My dealer did mention when picked mine up last week that he was being told by the factory of some spec changes right at the last minute for a couple of cars (on their way!) that he was going to have to explain away to the customers. I don't envy him that task! He was not best pleased about the situiation!

Good luck with getting it all sorted.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
21-02-2012 12:11pm
THEMACS

(21-02-2012 12:11pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  OMG!!!!! That is frankly awful.

From previous purchasing experience (cheaper cars any way), I understand they are not necessarily obliged to provide you with certain features if they have problems sourcing bits and so specifications may change. Not that I know where the lines of acceptability are but, if there has been a cock up on the box, then I my mind that is a fundamental ordering issue not delivery issue and so long as you have the order confirmation to support I think they should be falling over themselves to be putting it right!

My dealer did mention when picked mine up last week that he was being told by the factory of some spec changes right at the last minute for a couple of cars (on their way!) that he was going to have to explain away to the customers. I don't envy him that task! He was not best pleased about the situiation!

What changes were these??
21-02-2012 12:13pm
WB
WB

Unbelievable - who is your dealer - come on name and shame...

You should insist on the use of another car or they should give you the showroom car with the LUX pack for the same price you were going to pay for yours...

You'll probably need to involve the dealer principal and LR Customer services as the sales manager will probably offer you very little...

Be prepared to push hard for a good outcome as it wil inevtiably be a case of don't ask (over and over) don't get.
21-02-2012 12:14pm
ED209

(21-02-2012 12:11pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  OMG!!!!! That is frankly awful.

This is fine if its a minor change for example a different switch or gear knob or something, a totally different gearbox. No chance!
21-02-2012 12:57pm
BTS18

I'm amazed they could get it so wrong. Have you discovered who is at fault yet i.e. was the order that went to the factory incorrect or have the factory messed up. It doesn't bode well if this is a glich in the ordering process.

I would try to go for the use of the manual until your new vehicle arrives in the spec you ordered. If you can get the dealership to go for it that is. And I wouldn't part with any money until you see the vehicle you are actually paying for.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
21-02-2012 01:25pm