Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattles...
Rossy100

Rattles...

Car went back to dealer yesterday for them to fix a vibration/rattle coming from somewhere near the back of the headlining. Just had a call to say they have fixed this but have now found other rattles coming from elsewhere which they are trying to fix. Apparently they have a load of videos from LR to help which they are currently going through. I really want (and need) my car back....... Not least because the loaner car I was given was a dirty (hadnt been cleaned since last user) basic FL2 (despite being told I would get another Evoque).

Not happy...... Had car less than 2 weeks and already been back to dealer 3 times.
28-06-2012 01:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: Rattles...

Rossy thats not good. Sorry to hear about the loan car. My car went in to a few repairs and they tried to give my a FL, just sat in the waiting area and refused, until the DP came out and gave me a RRE. I didn't buy a LR I bought a RR, the next time it went into the garage there was a RR waiting for me.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
28-06-2012 02:53pm
Rossy100

Rattles...

So the good news........ All the rattles appear to have been fixed and the car now appears to be blissfully quiet.

The bad news..... When picking up I noticed a scratch on the rear drivers side door!!! The dealer immediately acknowledged this and that they would fix - so am going to have to book it in again next week. They also agreed to arrange for the area being repaired to be re-detailed.

Really not happy now. I just want the car to be problem free!!! Despite the dealer being very helpful and apologetic.... It is now getting to the stage where courtesy and helpfulness only goes so far!!!!

UPDATE: just had a call from after sales manager. They are going to get everything sorted next week, offered to fit front/rear mudflaps to car and will look into some other goodwill gesture. Whilst I would have preferred no gestures and a perfect car, at least they seem to be trying hard to keep me happy.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 06:45pm by Rossy100.)
28-06-2012 05:08pm
benzina

Glad you got your rattles silenced Rossy100,and that they are going to sort your scratch out and are trying hard, which is all you can ask.
Out of interest for those unlucky enough to get rattles, can you please find out what these LR video's on helping with rattles are about? Thanks.
I quote you from post #1..... ''Apparently they have a load of videos from LR to help which they are currently going through''.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 01:41pm by benzina.)
29-06-2012 01:55am
Rossy100

Rattles...

All I know is that they said yet had raised a question with LR who responded by sending them some videos to work through...

That said, hasn't actually done much good as the rattle is back!!!! Been on to dealer who calling me back soon. Not sure if same or different rattle as before.

Not impressed.
29-06-2012 10:03am
Straydox

I have a rattle that comes from the rear of the car when the Pano roof sun blind is closed - it sounds like the roller that the blind is deployed from is loose/slack. I've discovered that just tapping the 'open' side of the roof switch a few times tensions the blind roller and the rattle stops..... I know that having the dealer drop the roof-liner to fix the problem will probably introduce more issues so will leave it alone..

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-06-2012 10:52am
DynamiqueDan

My Evoque has developed a rattle by the passenger door area, in truth its been there a few months now but comes and goes.

It is starting to really annoy me now - is there a time limit for fixing rattles? car is 7 months old now
29-06-2012 10:15pm
benzina

(29-06-2012 10:15pm)DynamiqueDan Wrote:  My Evoque has developed a rattle by the passenger door area, in truth its been there a few months now but comes and goes.

It is starting to really annoy me now - is there a time limit for fixing rattles? car is 7 months old now

DynamiqueDan....before you do anything, try sticking a rubber wedge or something similar, in the gap at the base of the A pillar (see picture below).
Due to it's design & construction, i somehow suspect that this particular area where the trim meet, should be the first thing Evoque owners should check (in the process of elimination) when they hear a rattle or friction like sound emulating from the front.

[Image: pillar.jpg]

NOTE : For more information regarding rattles in General,click on this link & see this thread here.... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...tle-or-two

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-06-2012 02:03pm by benzina.)
30-06-2012 02:00am
DynamiqueDan

Thanks I will give this a go!
30-06-2012 07:43am
SiT

Hope you get it sorted Rossy and by all accounts your dealer sounds good.

I've now got a high pitched squeak coming from the rear somewhere every time i go over a bump. Normally the other half doesn't comment on these things and thinks I’m a nut for rattles etc. but this is quite loud and annoying which she picked up on so that shows..! Anyone else getting this..? Its sounds like metal on metal so thinking something like rear seat clamps possibly, either way i was trying not to go the dealers until servicing but if this gets any worse I’ll have no choice.
01-07-2012 09:53pm