Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space
edgedata

RE: underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space

(26-01-2012 11:52pm)WB Wrote:  Do you know if the bracket is available separately? What appears to be the same extinguisher is £23 from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidde-KSF1GM-1-0...304&sr=8-3

I checked and the bracket is not available as a separate part from Land Rover.

It would be great if someone who has the original Land Rover product could post suitable dimensions (or maybe even a pattern) for the seat bracket as I think it would be fairly easy to make one. I certainly don't see the point in paying close to £80 for the one with a LR badge on when the same is available (less the bracket) for £23 on Amazon.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
05-03-2012 12:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Delta

oh my
I would have rathered more storage than that spare wheel which is somewhat useless as my stock wheels are much larger.
05-03-2012 04:16pm
Graham

Those of you who are putting your hi-vis vest under the boot floor should note that in France (and possibly other countries) the vest MUST be reachable by the driver from his seat.
05-03-2012 04:56pm
martinh

I love my Evoque. It provides a very comfortable commute to work every day. The boot's capacity is fine for day to day use but insufficient for the trips away with the family. I had considered a roof box but then I thought about utilising the underfloor space..

I've removed the polystyrene from the underfloor area and this has provided a greatly increased luggage volume. I can certainly fit a twin pushchair and plenty of other gear.

One negative is that there are several exposed wiring looms in the area - see photo.    

The plastic trim along the lower boot lid aperture had to be removed - a little tricky to do. Several of the plastic clips were broken in the process but these are available from ebay.

I hope the above is useful..

Update: Just returned from two weeks holiday in France with my family in the Evoque - we got almost everything in the increased capacity boot. I estimate there is an extra 130 litres in this area.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 02:22pm by martinh.)
21-01-2014 03:37pm