No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range Rover / Land Rover Owners
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Range Rover / Land Rover Owners

(24-08-2012 08:04pm)cutter7 Wrote:  ..........It spent its first 6 months going back to the dealership approx, every 3-6 weeks for various quality issues etc, kept it for 10 months and was glad to see the back of it.

My girl friend at the time had one of those too, went through 5 sets of rear tyres in the first year due to problems with the IRD gearing causing horrendous wear at the rears. LR kept paying for new tyres until they had a cure which eventually was a replacement IRD. That car then ran faultlessly for another 90,000 miles. When it came to replacing it she got a much better deal buying a Honda CRV than another Freelander. I wanted an automatic Freelander so waited for the BMW engined TD4. It was well worth waiting for too and I still see it driving around locally.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-08-2012 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(24-08-2012 08:04pm)cutter7 Wrote:  first one ordered at our then 'LR dealership' now it's a Homebase centre.

I use it much more as a Homebase Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-08-2012 10:48pm
cutter7

Range Rover / Land Rover Owners

(24-08-2012 10:48pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I use it much more as a Homebase Laughing

lol: Do you remember that shed of a garage and jet wash etc, that was there as well?..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

(24-08-2012 09:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  My girl friend at the time had one of those too, went through 5 sets of rear tyres in the first year due to problems with the IRD gearing causing horrendous wear at the rears. LR kept paying for new tyres until they had a cure which eventually was a replacement IRD. That car then ran faultlessly for another 90,000 miles. When it came to replacing it she got a much better deal buying a Honda CRV than another Freelander. I wanted an automatic Freelander so waited for the BMW engined TD4. It was well worth waiting for too and I still see it driving around locally.

Thinking back, I now understand why my rear tyres were changed FOC.

After 3 months my car developed this very loud vibration feeling sound, and after getting the then service manager to drive the vehicle and me as passenger he decided to replace the tyres? but I was never told why..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 11:44pm by cutter7.)
24-08-2012 11:11pm
Chicago_Buckeye

RRE is my first Land Rover ever.

Up to now I was very loyal to the Germans...

Past vehicles are 7 Mercedes-Benz & 3 BMWs; my current 2nd vehicle is a BMW 650i.

Couldn't resist the RRE...

After 6 months of completely trouble-free ownership, this might be my first Land Rover of many more to come. Very Happy

2012 Dynamic Si4 5dr Firenze Red / Santorini Black
25-08-2012 12:34am
BA74

My first LR/RR as well!
Been true to the Aussie made cars till now.
My Évoque has been running perfectly since leaving the lot.
Just hope they bring out a performance model in a couple of years to trade up to!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-08-2012 05:27am
doug

D3 HSE for 5 years. Great car

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
25-08-2012 09:24am
Evo-king

Yep, several German motors, prior to the Evoque.

I'm fairly sure this poll will reflect more non LR owners buying it, which will go to show the initial success of the Evoque in targeting a new market.

On the flip side, there seems to be a lot of folks selling their Evoques, for a variety of reasons, so perhaps the Evoque is not quite the success as initially thought, failing that buyers didn't evaluate it sufficiently.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-08-2012 10:16am
tron515

My first land rover, except the Wolves, One Ten for Men and TD5's at work I've used.

Previous cars have been,
Talbot Sunbeam, the only thing that killed was get squashed between a drunks car and my mates work van.
Renult Clio,
Ford Mondeo ST200
Skoda Octavia Elegance 2.0TDi
Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TDi
Audi A4 Technik
Now a RRE and the wife got a mini cooper D

Tron515, if it isn't technical it might not happen.

Pure SD4 Automatic, 4WD, Tech Pack, Indus Silver, Ebony Grained Leather.
26-08-2012 11:01pm
defender_uk

(24-08-2012 06:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  1996 - 1 year old 20000 miler Disco1 V8iES 5 Door, every optional extra going - my first LR product, went into the dealers to buy a 2.0ltre Volvo V40 and came out with a used V8 Disco.....
1998 - Disco2 TD5 S Auto, only extra was a tow bar....... awful car (mainly due to lack of power for the autobox) and the only LR that has broken down on me (on my last day of owning it too as it broke on the way to collect the next car.....)
2001 - Freelander1 TD4 GS Auto
2002 - 6 years old Defender 90County Hard Top added to the garage as the Freelander was going places it wasn't designed to go (and surviving) - very soon converted to a 90 County Stationwagon - still have it 10 years later
2003 - L322 TD6 SE Range Rover in Monte Carlo Blue - the car I saved for 28 years to buy! Dream achieved
2005 - RRSport SE in Giverny Green not a single extra other than the tow pack
2007 - RRS TDv8 HSE - best all round car I have ever owned, it could even go round corners without falling over!
2009 - Deposit paid on "we are taking deposits, but it may never be built" LRX, baby Range Rover
2010 - purchased 6 months old 1900 miler Range Rover TDv8 Vogue - the most beautiful and comfortable car I have owned, also the most economical Range Rover I have owned..........
2011 - February - Lookers Park Royal contact me to say LR are building RRE, to place my order now for delivery on launch day - so order one with virtually all the extras
2011 - September 9th - Evoque arrives on my drive after an amazing drive the length of the UK - never have I been the centre of so much attention on the motorways of the UK.
2011 - Deposit paid on a DC100 in the vain hope that LR might build the open top version
2012.................... september - could I be about to change my deposit on the DC100 into a deposit on a 2014 RRS? Especially after seeing 4 Evoques in the small village I live in in a single day........... they are getting way too common!

nearly as impressive as my list Tim...lol

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
27-08-2012 08:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

2005 Disco 3 TDV6 auto
2008 Freelander 2 GS TD4 man
2010 Freelander 2 GS SD4 auto
2011 Evoque TD4 pure

Thinking of getting rid of the evoque for a Disco 4. The disco 3 is the one I still love the most out of them all, but gave me the most headaches. The reason I sold the disco is I'am a single guy and don't need a 4x4 that size. But I really miss it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
31-08-2012 07:54pm