Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order
Capital

RE: Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order

Where do I place an order? Shocked
21-06-2012 11:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(20-06-2012 11:48am)Bobthefish Wrote:  I would consider getting a tracker, just not the official "Tracker" system. That way you don't have to rely on the Police, and you can decide yourself as to whether you want your car back, or whether you want to find the scrotes that took it. You can get tracker systems relatively cheaply that will continuously track your vehicle via GPS.

I don't see what was wrong with the system I had in my old Peugeot 306, it had a factory fitted immobiliser keypad, you couldn't have started it without knowing the code, stealing the keys wouldn't have helped.

A bit of vigalante action? not advisable.

Also i fear you might have problems getting your insurance money back if you have a tracker fitted and you decide no to utilise it because you dont want the car back. You should really do everything in your reasonable power to prevent losses which would include telling the police/insurance where your car is.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-06-2012 09:17am
tetstb

A friend of mine was held at knifepoint one evening as two men with baseball bats and knives quite calmly walked in his back door and said "hospital or cars, you choose" and they took his ML Merc and his wife's SLK. They told them wait an hour before calling police. The cars were eventually found in Cyprus but the Cypriat authorities refused to assist in returning them.

His insurance company paid market value only and he didn't have GAP insurance. This was in Lenzie and the Police believed the gang were puting the cars inside curtainside lorries and driving them to Cyprus and beyond.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
22-06-2012 10:05am
ED209

Also on this issue, if my car ever gets nicked I dont want it back. Not when i dont know how its been used/abused.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-06-2012 10:27am
tetstb

(22-06-2012 10:27am)ED209 Wrote:  Also on this issue, if my car ever gets nicked I dont want it back. Not when i dont know how its been used/abused.

I dont think your insurer will give you the choice, if they recover it then you will get it back.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
22-06-2012 10:30am
ED209

(22-06-2012 10:30am)tetstb Wrote:  I dont think your insurer will give you the choice, if they recover it then you will get it back.

I know that, I have recovered many many stolen cars in my time. I would prefer it greatly if anyone stealing my car would do me the courtesy of burning it out when they are finished using it.

22-06-2012 10:54am
stiggz

(22-06-2012 10:54am)ED209 Wrote:  I know that, I have recovered many many stolen cars in my time. I would prefer it greatly if anyone stealing my car would do me the courtesy of burning it out when they are finished using it.

Maybe you should leave a note in your car just in case

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
22-06-2012 12:36pm
rhysadams

(18-06-2012 07:07am)jitenc Wrote:  What tracker system did the Evoque have installed?

I'll find out for you but something to do with http://www.snooperneo.co.uk/MyTrak/

We use this system to monitor all of our vehicles, it records mileages, speeds and lets us know if it has gone out of a particular zone.

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
30-06-2012 04:31pm