Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order
rhysadams

Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order

Hi all,

Just a warning. We run a couple of Range Rover Evoque's on our Short Term Car Leasing fleet, we recently had a customer in Scotland have his Evoque stolen. Luckily, a tracker had been fitted and the police recovered the vehicle.

Having spoken to the police, they said that the Evoque is the latest car to be on the "Stolen to Order" list, so please everyone beware.

Thanks

Rhys

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
17-06-2012 10:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order

Didn't think it would be long to be honest.......must find that lead so we can hook the car up to the mains power overnight! Idea

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-06-2012 11:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rhysadams

(17-06-2012 11:38pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Didn't think it would be long to be honest.......must find that lead so we can hook the car up to the mains power overnight! Idea

LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
17-06-2012 11:41pm
The Valeter

(17-06-2012 11:41pm)rhysadams Wrote:  LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!

Would you want a car back though after it has been stolen & no doubt ragged?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-06-2012 11:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks for the warning. Two years ago my house was turned upside down by a gang who stole nothing. It was reckoned that they were looking for the keys for my last FFRR. First time in 30 years anything remotely criminal had happened in our village. On the same night police were called to two other houses where householders had dusturbed thieves - they also had fairly new Land Rover products sat on their drives.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-06-2012 02:20am
sethor

That's the downside with modern alarms & immobilizers, thieves will now just break into your place for the keys.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
18-06-2012 03:51am
jitenc

(17-06-2012 11:41pm)rhysadams Wrote:  LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!

What tracker system did the Evoque have installed?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
18-06-2012 07:07am
RacingSnake

^^ also interested to hear about the tracker.

But much like as said up there, I can't say I am suprised.
I'm still in the 'honeymoon' phase with the car at the moment, so everynight I rearrange the cars to park our Jeep in front of the evoque for a little added protection (whether it is needed or not).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-06-2012 08:17am
Griff449

I wouldn't want mine back if it was pinched.......

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
18-06-2012 05:58pm
Kentboy

September 2009 I was on a wonderful holiday in St Lucia. Then I had a text message - "why is your Range Rover Sport not on the drive?"

It had been stolen to order, they broke in through the Anglian double glazed, eight point security locking door with no problem (see break euro lock on you tube). They ripped out the interior looking for a tracker. Tracker then wouldn't turn on the tracker as the dealer I bought a lifetime subscription from hadn't passed it on to tracker! I wonder how many times that happens. Anyway when we did get it turned on the police found the car in Barking within an hour. The car was three months under three years old and I had a gap insurance so if it hadn't been found I would have had a brand new car.

The car was never the same after we got it back.

The police also said the robbers had no idea we were on holiday and would have come in for the keys anyway. It was foreign guys delivering charity clothing bags identifying the car and address and selling it on for a gang to collect.

Given the chance on my new Evoque I would get gap insurance but NOT a tracker.

SCUM

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
18-06-2012 07:31pm