Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got a puncture
MrNoo

Got a puncture

Got a puncture yesterday (Sunday) lunchtime. Took the wheel off and fitted the (space saver) spare - easy to do and took no more than 15 minutes from start to finish. Started to phone tyre dealerships to get it repaired and the 1st one I phoned - National Tyre Services - were open and could repair it that afternoon. Dropped the wheel and tyre in and went back to collect it just before they closed at 4pm. By now it was nearly dark and raining heavily so decided to leave refitting the wheel until this morning as it was dry and sunny only to find they'd damaged the wheel. Mad Took it back and they accept responsibility and agreed to have it "refurbished" - should get the wheel back on Wednesday. Good job I ordered the spare wheel option or I'd be doing a Del Boy and driving round on 3 wheels Rolling with Laughter

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
06-01-2014 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
veeedubba

RE: Got a puncture

hi sorry to hear that, how did they manage to damage the wheel? I once had an alloy damaged by a tyre fitter who let the wheel fall over fall over but they weren't as obliging.
06-01-2014 08:42pm
recordman

Good job you had the sense to spec the spare wheel. Here's what those who didn't, might have to pay if they want one now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-EV...58a921bc09

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
06-01-2014 08:46pm
MrNoo

(06-01-2014 08:42pm)veeedubba Wrote:  hi sorry to hear that, how did they manage to damage the wheel? I once had an alloy damaged by a tyre fitter who let the wheel fall over fall over but they weren't as obliging.

I think it must have been the "tyre lever" or what ever they use to get the tyre off the wheel as there was a brown rusty mark where they had damaged the lacquer. Also I think if the wheel had "fallen over" the damage would have been more extensive.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
06-01-2014 08:51pm
mark_n

£425 as spare parts, £120 as an option. It's a no-brainer.

It's an unfortunate fact that the bigger the wheels, the more likely they will be damaged by tyre fitters.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-01-2014 05:53pm