Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sat Nav Questions (UK Model)
flurberman

Sat Nav Questions (UK Model)

Hi all, does the sat nav system come with European maps or is it UK only?

Oh and what are owners thoughts about the TMC / route redirection. Does it work well, are traffic bulletins easy to read, are they accurate/timely.

Kind regards,
Phil.

-Don't worry found my answers. Smile

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 05:04pm by flurberman.)
25-09-2011 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

RE: Sat Nav Questions (UK Model)

Comes with European Maps and it's very easy to select another country. It's 8" screen makes it perfect to read & the turn/junction directions are shown on the 5" screen between the instruments.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
25-09-2011 04:58pm
andyuk

Does the Sat Nav give live traffic updates & calculate new quicker routes automatically if there is a traffic jam on the current route?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
25-09-2011 05:38pm
Kwacka

I am not sure but I was stuck in traffic jam yesterday and it directed me off at the next junction and it took me through a town area then I rejoined the motorway further on when the jam had ended, but that may have been a coincidence.
25-09-2011 06:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No it was due to the Highways Agency , as usual, not updating TMC after a road has been closed or whatever. In 3 trips along the M74/M6/M40 in the last 2 weeks I have not yet been stopped by traffic, there has been slow moving traffic but never stopped traffic. The TMC has advised that the road was closed due to an accident and I have just driven on through to my destination, the satnav has offered an alternative route that I have declined. TMC is becoming a farce due to the sloth of the HA who seem to spend all day wasting tankfuls of diesel cruising the motorway network and not keeping the system up to date.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 07:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2011 07:38pm
crown62

Can anyone confirm if the sat nav has full post code search for the UK?
By this I mean the last 2 letters of a post code can be selected.

My last two cars BMW and Audi did not have this feature, both with an option costing over£1500 but making a£100 Tom Tom far more useful to use Evil

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
25-09-2011 10:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes , that has been LR standard for several years now. And some of the postcodes I have input it has been clever enough to know when to insert the space between the first and 2nd groups of the postcode automatically! Still no facility for users to input fixed speed cameras though, that is something that many many people have asked LR to do on the other forums - I suspect there are ethical/ legal reasons why LR won't allow that facility

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2011 10:13pm