Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rain-x for pano roof?
cjfp

RE: Rain-x for pano roof?

(21-07-2013 07:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hydrophobic Glass is a UK invention, IIRC only JLR use it as it was develeoped for them by either Warwick or Coventry University. There was an "episode" of one of the series of programs about things found in nature that we have been further developed to solve problems in industry on BBC2 in March all about it. It works on the rain repelling capablities of the wings of some giant butterfly only found in the Panamanian Jungle which would be unable to fly after a rain storm if it hadn't evolved this clever surface on it's wings..............

Had it on my porsche too.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 10:52pm by cjfp.)
21-07-2013 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DustinDep

i use it on my pano roof it only lasts about a month but it is good!
24-07-2013 09:27am
PhilSkill

gTechniq G5 (after clean with G6 and polish with G4) works fantastically, but wears off after about 8 months. the ultimate would be G1 for longevity but expensive and would be hard work for the whole panoramic roof, G1 is designed for windscreens and survives the wipers, but I actually am not a fan of these things on the windscreen anyway as the water action itself can become distracting.

Rain-x would do but was poor compared to gTechniq products, having tried both.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-07-2013 12:01pm
Samson

Rain-x for pano roof?

Had my car protected with GTechniq. Can't recommend product enough. Water beads and just rolls off.    

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
24-07-2013 02:13pm
doug

One bottle of 15ml G1 can cover the roof & 3 coats on the wind screen. Treated mine 18 months ago & the water still beads the same. It's party trick is once you drive away, the water just flys of the roof straight onto the car behind Evil

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
24-07-2013 06:12pm