Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RSE
Nowaytk

RSE

Just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with the remote for the rear entertainment ?
Mine is constantly going into charge mode & out of it which creates an annoying beep noise on the remote, I think it might be the recent cold snap we are having which is causing it, ( as the cabin heats up it tends to quieten down & eventually stop ). If anyone is experiencing the same problem is there a revised charging station that compensates in some way for the contracting / expansion of the plastics due to temp change? ( if that is even the problem )

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
02-12-2012 06:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: RSE

Hi
Yes mine did this from day one after i first used it for some reason, i cant remember how i stopped it making the noise. i may have even only just turned the beeps off somehow as it was that that was making me mad lol. I do remember it was a little fiddeley to refit after using and sometimes it didnt dock correctly.

pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 08:33pm by bell-auto-services.)
02-12-2012 08:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

Mine seems to fit ok, had no problems so far ( apart from first day, but then I was trying to fit it in backwards lol ) I've even tried to wiggle it when in, expecting to make the noise but very hard to replicate it except when you're driving along, then it's extremely annoying, ( to the point of taking it out & putting in glove box ).
I suppose it could be a trip to the dealers to try & sort, got to try & go on a cold day though

03-12-2012 07:41am
chrisash32

Kind of related but not.. (and also my 1st post!)

the RSE remote in my RRE has packed up. Not covered under warranty as it was child inflicted. It looks to me like my unit will not charge at all. I wanted to connect the remote up to an external 12v power source on a bench test outside the car. This will help me check if it is the car side or the remote.

Does anyone know what the pin outs are? I would hope it was as easy as +12v and GND however that is far too easy and there are 4 pins.. grr
18-12-2012 01:52am
Nowaytk

Update;
Took it to the dealers for them to look at, first they tried new batteries in the remote & checked the wiring in the centre consul, problem still there. Consult LR again on what to do, try a new remote, problem still there. Consult LR again, try a new module, after hunting around trying to find one in their stock they had to get LR to send one down, fitted new module, problem still their. Now waiting for LR to advise what to do next. On the plus side they have given me a 62 plate sport autobiography to potter about in ( don't know if its a ploy to get me to change to one, but it is a seriously nice motor, really like the adaptive cruise.)

22-04-2013 07:16am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had adaptive cruise on my last RRS and it was fantastic for 97% of the year, as soon as we got sleet or snow and it plastered the sensor then it would give a heap of warnings about the sensor being obstructed and then switch itself off......... really useful when you have a 500 mile winter time drive as it didn't default to conventional cruise when that happened. But it is a great option.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-04-2013 06:00pm
Nowaytk

Update;
After 3 weeks of driving round in the sport (& loving it), got a call from the dealer, it's fixed !. Apparently it was the docking station causing the problem, even though, with the remote plugged in it felt rock solid. Going to pick it up in the morning & even though the sport has been an awesome I'm really looking forward to driving mine again. Very Happy
Wow....... Got mine back today & as I drove out of the dealers it totally felt like I was driving a normal car, felt really low, it was only when I pulled along side a normal car did I get that feeling of being higher up. On the plus side, no annoying bleeps, so a happy bunny.

(This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 06:57pm by Nowaytk.)
29-04-2013 10:46pm