Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions for EvoqueLive.
paulus599

RE: Questions for EvoqueLive.

(15-05-2011 05:23pm)Blackseries Wrote:  With a car fitted with Adaptive Dynamics (MagnaRide)when in the “normal” road position is anything active i.e. is there any difference in the driving experience with “normal” mode engaged compared to car without active dampers – I can’t believe in all the press coverage of the Active Dampers I can’t recall anybody talking about “non Dynamic” mode.

The way I understand it is that even when in normal mode the Magneride is 'active', i.e. it is constantly monitoring the road surface/driving style etc.
My current car has a 'passive' type of system, where it is simply on or off. When on the handling is fantastic, but the downside is that the suspension seems very hard and the car jiggles (is that a proper word?) around. If it was that type of system I certainly wouldn't pay the money for it. I can honestly say that in over two years I have only used it about three times.
With it being an active type of system though, and if it's as good as the reports have stated, then it could be worth a punt.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
16-05-2011 11:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

I have PASM on my porsche and have only used it about 4 times in 3 years

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-05-2011 12:05pm
vision*R

Just received an e-mail for the Belgian Range Rover Evoque City Experience, a VIP event in the Antwerp Fashion museum (26th of May). They're having an Evoque presentation, an "interactive Evoque Boutique" (whatever that may be) and an "exclusive shopping tour" with a 20% discount in famous fashion shops around town.

Nice event I guess, and with the fashion blah blah even my girlfriend is looking forward to it.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2011 12:20pm by vision*R.)
16-05-2011 12:19pm
Blackseries

I suppose my issue is that with all the press around it this feature – ie most magazines and papers had an “exclusive” day with Magnaride cars, this basic info wasn’t disseminated. I have ABC (Active Body Control) on my Mercedes – and it works really well but that is in conjunction with air suspension. The magnetic ride in my TT – does firm up the suspension which is OK now and again but I certainly wouldn’t pay good money for it again and it appears to do nothing when in not in Sport mode. Like paulus599 I only rarely use the Audi system whereas the Mercedes system gets used all the time. I would like to have confirmation about what type of system this one is. If it’s like the Audi system then it’s certainly not worth £1000 if it’s like the Mercedes system then I would say it was.
(16-05-2011 12:19pm)vision*R Wrote:  Just received an e-mail for the Belgian Range Rover Evoque City Experience, a VIP event in the Antwerp Fashion museum (26th of May). They're having an Evoque presentation, an "interactive Evoque Boutique" (whatever that may be) and an "exclusive shopping tour" with a 20% discount in famous fashion shops around town.

Nice event I guess, and with the fashion blah blah even my girlfriend is looking forward to it.

I must say the marketing around this car is very targeted. I think they are making a small amount of money go a LONG way.

example http://www.helloevoque.com/secretgig/

Not my cup of tea - but looks interesting.

There just seems to be something happening all the time.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2011 11:02pm by Blackseries.)
16-05-2011 12:21pm
Rootsboy

i wont have the opportunity of going to one of these shows as i just miss them while i am in the U.K. but i would be interested in finding out a little more information on the Solar Attenuating Glass, as i will be buying a Evoque in Spain, and this seems like a good option for the hot climate there.
i will already be getting the privacy glass which im sure will help with the heat issue, but knowing if spending more on Solar Attenuating will be of a benefit or what are the disadvantages, there seem like there could be a few after reading other posts about this subject on the forum. also is it in all the glass or just installed on the windshield.
i would also like to know more about if its worth going for the stereo upgrade, i was going to buy a freelander before i changed my mind for an evoque. and while i was having a demo, the dealer was telling me how good the stereo was in the freelander. well i was not that impressed so was going to go for the upgrade. am just wondering if the base system in the evoque will be so much better then the one in the freelander, as it is a 1600 euro upgrade in spain. which is a lot more then the 900 pounds up-grade in the U.K.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-05-2011 10:42am
Gorjan

The Solar Attenuating Glass os a;sp an interestijg option for me... Does the sunroof also comes with it?

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
17-05-2011 12:47pm
Owend

(16-05-2011 12:19pm)vision*R Wrote:  Just received an e-mail for the Belgian Range Rover Evoque City Experience, a VIP event in the Antwerp Fashion museum (26th of May). They're having an Evoque presentation, an "interactive Evoque Boutique" (whatever that may be) and an "exclusive shopping tour" with a 20% discount in famous fashion shops around town.

Hi vision,

I'll be going to the on on the 9th June, In Brussels..!!!!!!!!
still not seen a decent example of how easy it is to access the rear seats on a coupe......
17-05-2011 01:45pm
vision*R

(16-05-2011 12:21pm)Blackseries Wrote:  I must say the marketing around this car is very targeted. I think they are making a small amount of money go a LONG way.

I've driven a Mini for a couple of years, and the Evoque marketing reminds me A LOT of the Mini marketing.

@Owend: Nice. I thought Antwerp was a bit more interesting, but maybe I'll try to get another invite for the Brussels event as well. You can never have enough of the Evoque Wink

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
17-05-2011 02:12pm
DynamicRRV

Question? Yes Mr Range Rover could you please enlighten us on the actual existence of the mythical beast they call The Evoque!?
17-05-2011 03:17pm
cjfp

Just don't look directly into the headlights .... you'll turn to stone

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-05-2011 03:24pm