Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions for EvoqueLive.
Blackseries

RE: Questions for EvoqueLive.

(17-05-2011 03:17pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Question? Yes Mr Range Rover could you please enlighten us on the actual existence of the mythical beast they call The Evoque!?

Just had my "are you coming" call...... was told there would be six cars (to look at) at the Event. 3 in each room. The group is divided in two to give everybody access - not sure if the three are the same in each room - not quite the range I was hoping for but at least six is better than three. BTW there will be someone on hand to answer the Magaride question.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
17-05-2011 03:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Yes I had the call too.
17-05-2011 04:19pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Had 'the call' too. I was told the presentation would take up most of the event with a short time at the end in the 'gallery'. Asked her to elaborate as had visions of us all getting well and truly bored for 90 mins and then could view the Evoque from behind glass. But apparently we do get some time to look over the car. Rather worrying she said there would be two cars on show Shocked a pure and a dynamic! Not so great if like me you've ordered a prestige. Am wondering if a 200 mile round trip is worth it but as I've booked the NEC, hope to hear about the London event first.
17-05-2011 07:55pm
paulus599

I have also booked the NEC event, and like Charlie I have ordered a Prestige so I'm very unhappy to hear that there won't be one there. It seems strange that some people are being told there will be 6 cars available and others only two. Surely it's just a road show, so you'd expect exactly the same presentation and number of cars at all the venues.
I'm praying it's going to be worth the 400 mile round trip and the cost of a night in a hotel Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
17-05-2011 10:54pm
Kermit

(17-05-2011 10:42am)Rootsboy Wrote:  i would also like to know more about if its worth going for the stereo upgrade, i was going to buy a freelander before i changed my mind for an evoque. and while i was having a demo, the dealer was telling me how good the stereo was in the freelander. well i was not that impressed so was going to go for the upgrade. am just wondering if the base system in the evoque will be so much better then the one in the freelander, as it is a 1600 euro upgrade in spain. which is a lot more then the 900 pounds up-grade in the U.K.

Have a read of the Audio thread.

I personally will want to listen to both before deciding but as I have Alpine's PXE-H650 Audyssey processor in my system I'll assume the upgrade will make a difference.
18-05-2011 04:51am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(17-05-2011 10:54pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I have also booked the NEC event, and like Charlie I have ordered a Prestige so I'm very unhappy to hear that there won't be one there. It seems strange that some people are being told there will be 6 cars available and others only two. Surely it's just a road show, so you'd expect exactly the same presentation and number of cars at all the venues.
I'm praying it's going to be worth the 400 mile round trip and the cost of a night in a hotel Confused

Probably another case of LR marketing having no idea of what they're talking about, what time have you booked paulus599?
18-05-2011 06:37am
paulus599

(18-05-2011 06:37am)Charlie Wrote:  Probably another case of LR marketing having no idea of what they're talking about, what time have you booked paulus599?

Yes, I think you may be right (fingers crossed)
Booked for 2pm, what about you?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
18-05-2011 09:15am
evoqueboy

Got the call yesterday and again was told that there would be a pure and a dynamic and we could have a look at the cars as well as have a sit in them!
18-05-2011 09:31am
Blackseries

Does seem like an awful amount of trouble to show two cars. I really hope your people on the phone have got it wrong. Where would my person have got the idea it was six cars in two rooms if they hadn't been told that.

When I was at the factory a month or so ago about 20 cars were going through - I was told these cars were for the London Event - whats happened to all those (maybe they have decided to pull all the non available colours - just a thought). Very odd.

Anyone from here going to the Event this Friday in London - it would be good to get some feedback.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
18-05-2011 09:46am
Ewok

Yes- i'm off there this Friday in London at 3.30.
18-05-2011 10:17am