Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question: Navigation Voice
Dogscout

RE: Question: Navigation Voice

I was hoping for the optional female Thai voice and the seat warmer that caresses my b$&@.
06-11-2012 12:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Easty

Re: RE: Question: Navigation Voice

(06-11-2012 12:08am)Dogscout Wrote:  I was hoping for the optional female Thai voice and the seat warmer that caresses my b$&@.

Haha.. You may have to get the leather protection for easy wipe also. Smile

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
06-11-2012 12:51am
leonvh

Indeed strange behaviour of the system: I live and drive mostly in Belgium. The language I want to use is Flemish (which is the same as Dutch as spoken in the Netherlands) so I change the language to Dutch. From then on I cannot use the voice control for navigation as the country is default set to Netherlands.

Or is there a voice command to change the country?
21-11-2012 01:25pm
goldenboi79

Has anyone made any progress on this in North America? The American spelling in messages and nav accent are starting to grate on me and I would love to get a nice British accent back (like in every other Jaguar/Land Rover I have owned).

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
01-12-2012 05:39pm
Easty

Ive been trying recently with no avail. I have it set English(UK) in the Nav and in the engineering menu. but it's still a yank accent. I don't care about the voice commands. It seems a novelty.
20-02-2013 10:25pm
brwilso84rangerover1

(20-02-2013 10:25pm)Easty Wrote:  Ive been trying recently with no avail. I have it set English(UK) in the Nav and in the engineering menu. but it's still a yank accent. I don't care about the voice commands. It seems a novelty.

This is disappointing Crying I've been an avid reader of this forum for some time and finally got a 2013 dynamic Coupe with every available option (except for the rear seat entertainment). When i test drove the 2012 the navigation voice had a distinctive UK accent. Needless to say I felt like James Bond and had to have the car and odered one on the spot. To my dismay my 2013 does not do that. My dealer said i could bring it back and they will reprogram the software. Guess I will see if they are able to do so this weekend. He said that "Most North American Customers didnt appreciate the UK option and asked that it be removed." I can't understand why anyone would ask to remove this....Rolling Eyes
27-02-2013 07:48pm
scrannel

When I got my L322 in 2003 the Nav voice was this really annoying, sarcastic English Butler -- nicknamed Jeeves by dealership. When I installed an X5 (plug & play) unit I got a young lady who could speak English, Spanish and American. The American accent sounded like a Valley Girl on Ecstasy. So, I kept the UK girl. However, some Navs can be reprogrammed to use the voice of your favorite action hero -- like Arnie! Have to see if I can switch voice on my Evoque. Should have Spanish for N. America.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
27-02-2013 08:03pm
brwilso84rangerover1

(27-02-2013 08:03pm)scrannel Wrote:  When I got my L322 in 2003 the Nav voice was this really annoying, sarcastic English Butler -- nicknamed Jeeves by dealership. When I installed an X5 (plug & play) unit I got a young lady who could speak English, Spanish and American. The American accent sounded like a Valley Girl on Ecstasy. So, I kept the UK girl. However, some Navs can be reprogrammed to use the voice of your favorite action hero -- like Arnie! Have to see if I can switch voice on my Evoque. Should have Spanish for N. America.

LMAOLaughing @ your nav sounding like a "Valley Girl on Ecstasy"! The voices aren't appealing...they sound really corny in comparison to the UK voice options. My dealer told me they hope to have a soluton this Monday
01-03-2013 04:48pm
brwilso84rangerover1

So my dealer, Range Rover Buckhead in Atlanta Georgia, has finally responded after an "internal investigation". He says that all new cars in the US (shipped here going forward) will not come with the English UK option due to compatibility issues with language and maps.

Seriously? Even the new flagship Range Rover? How could the older models not have this issue but the new one does? This makes absolutely NO SENSE to me. NOT HAPPY. If I paid 100K for new RR and they told me that I'd really be pissed! Evil

He did say it would be as simple as Land Rover North America sending a USB export file update. While we wait on one to be released (UNLIKELY), does anyone have any ideas on how to transfer that file to my system? Does anyone in North America have that as an option?

04-03-2013 05:14pm
scrannel

I have noticed when you go into the "secret menu... (dark music)..." I find both "Asian" and "Chinese" navigation setups, but cannot seem to access. I presume this stuff needs to be activated per market requirements. Did not see Spanish, which would seem to be an obvious choice for the US market.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
04-03-2013 06:52pm