Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
QR Towbar fitting instructions
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: QR Towbar fitting instructions

Yes, on the Disco/Sport/RR the bumper support bar that the towbar clips into is normally the part the replaces a lightweight aluminium crash bar behind the bumper, but I guess that since these cars weigh so much already, LR fit this bit. This bit is made by Westphalia. I fitted a Westphalia to my ML a few yeasrs back and this beam alone weighed 25 kg! So that when you order a towbar for the Disco/Sport/RR, all you are infact getting is the ball that clips in and out.

I have just spoken to Bosal UK and their bar is in development, and the bar and price will be released in six weeks time (mid Oct?). Depending on the price I might go for this and then use the LR electrics kit (which actually isn't priced too badly as these things go)[IMHO]

I have only gone for a fixed swan neck because I think the price for the detachable bar is taking the p***

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
25-08-2011 11:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lol, what's new with Land Rover? Those Ovals cost a huge amount to cast in!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2011 11:14am
Pricy147

Sorry - can't follow half of the technical lingo on the tow bar Wink

I am going to need to fit a tow bar on my RRE Dynamic in order to two my jet ski. I understand RR are doing a detatchable tow bar.

Are we now saying its not fully detatchable, and some of the bumper has to be cut away?

Has anyone confirmed cost also?

Thanks

Current Cars:

- TTRS Roadster | Phantom Black | Aluminium Pack | Bose | Ipod Dock | 19" Titanium Grey Alloys | Through Load Facility
- Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Firenze Red | Panoramic Roof | Towbar | Satin Brushed Centre Console

[Image: 4fasq.jpg]
26-08-2011 04:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'll let you know on Sept10th Pricy, I have specced the detachable towbar too, for my windsurfing trailer

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2011 04:15pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(26-08-2011 04:04pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  Sorry - can't follow half of the technical lingo on the tow bar Wink

I am going to need to fit a tow bar on my RRE Dynamic in order to two my jet ski. I understand RR are doing a detatchable tow bar.

Are we now saying its not fully detatchable, and some of the bumper has to be cut away?

Has anyone confirmed cost also?

Thanks

If you look at a detachable bar on an FL2 then you will get the picture. On a lot of cars a detchable bar means it clips in to a receptor of some kind, usually under the bumper so that it is invisible, or maybe behind a detachable plate or cover, but either way the original shape of the bumper etc is preserved. On the RRE this receptor will always be visible as you have to cut a 4"x 2" hole in the middle of the faux diffuser in the lower bumper and currently the electric sockets sit (visible) in fron of the bumper. Sadly this is typical LR design and is no where near as integrated as its German rivals where a detachable towbar and its associated electrics are completly hiddenSad

http://www.freel2.com/gallery/displayima...1219&pos=3

http://www.freel2.com/gallery/displayima...1219&pos=2

The link takes you to a picture of my frst fl2 and the kind of hole you will have in the bumper, although on the RRE it will be bigger. You will also see how I have relocated the electirc socket to make it less visible (and then yes before you comment then enlarge the cut on the right of the receptor to even the cut (it was work in progress with an eager2 1/2 year old "assistant"!). There is a bit of an optical issusion going on, the gap between the socket and the exhaust was about 2 inches and there was never an issue of the exhust heat affecting the socket.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2011 08:11am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
27-08-2011 07:58am
defender_uk

why can they not just build it as integral like on the RRS?? all nicely done and hidden when not in use....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
27-08-2011 11:00am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pricy147

Hi FullFatTim - could you confirm the price of the quick release tow bar - fitted by the dealer? I can see you can get the parts discounted by 15% on one of the sites referenced on this forum. What was the fitting cost?

My RRE just arrived in the dealer and picking it up on Friday!!! Smile

Thanks!

Current Cars:

- TTRS Roadster | Phantom Black | Aluminium Pack | Bose | Ipod Dock | 19" Titanium Grey Alloys | Through Load Facility
- Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Firenze Red | Panoramic Roof | Towbar | Satin Brushed Centre Console

01-11-2011 05:39pm
Pricy147

Anyone know the price of the tow bar!?!?!???

Current Cars:

11-11-2011 12:39pm