Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pursuit or vortex???
OND

Pursuit or vortex???

Hi all hope someone can help? I ordered a dynamic 3.5 weeks ago in Dubai, I went for Orkney Grey with a black roof and I've asked for shadow alloys instead of the sparkle silver. Now while I feel I've made the right desision on the exterior I'm unsure with the interior. I've gone for the vortex with the simple answer it will stay cleaner than the beige and I thought the door inserts looked better than the red. (only had red and black in showroom) but the more I see the pursit I like it! Also thinking ahead as I like in Dubai maybe beige will stay cooler? And it will match the standard headlining.

Anyone owning a dynamic with pursit or vortex have any suggestions? They've said my delivery date would be July so don't know if I could change my mind even if I wanted?

Thanks in advance OND
18-05-2012 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Pursuit or vortex???

Pursuit is nice and I struggled with this choice, but depends if you want practical for years to come, which made me go vortex (and no ability to see anything in the real). If you look after Pursuit well, shouldnt be any problems though and maybe better for a hotter country.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-05-2012 11:13pm
Kimv

Pursuit or vortex???

Pursuit is not really beige, it's more light. Creamy, almost white.

Nevertheless, OG with pursuit is very beautiful. Maybe consider black headlining with it...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
19-05-2012 08:45am
Radeco

Pursuit - Defiantly. Cool

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
19-05-2012 09:41am
Evo-king

If you're confident enough that you can keep the leather clean, go for the Pursuit.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-05-2012 03:03pm
simonc

If you do go for Pursuit, just be careful of the headlining choice. Dynamic only has choice of Cirrus headlining or Morzine (black), and if you go for Cirrus (the default) it clashes horribly with the Ivory in Pursuit. Annoyingly before the Cirrus headlining was introduced a few months ago all three trims had Ivory as the default with Morzine as the option, but now only the Pure or Prestige can still be ordered with Ivory headlining.

I was originally going to go for Pursuit with the Ivory headlining (when it was available), but when the headlining got changed to Cirrus pre-build I opted to change to Vortex + Morzine.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2012 10:42pm by simonc.)
22-05-2012 10:41pm
OND

Thanks for your replies guys.... Called the dealer in Dubai two weeks ago and he informed me I can't change my choices as its on the boat and it will be here in July. Haven't a clue what colour the headlining is as in Dubai you don't really get options it's just the 2L available and it already has panoramic roof etc thrown in. I did ask for the shadow alloys and the response was.... "I will see what I can do." it's a bit frustrating as they have the shadow alloy on display in the showroom.

Suspense is killing me.... July can't come quick enough
12-06-2012 05:16pm
WB
WB

although we don't get too many hot days in the UK I have to say my light cirrus seats stay surprisingly cool on hot days even when I forget the pano roof blind open and the car is parked in the sun so for Dubai I think the pale interior would be a good move. Its more work to keep clean but not a big deal if you use a good leather protector like Gtechniq L1.
13-06-2012 12:01pm
chiggy

Pursuit looks fantastic - I'll put up pictures of my new car with Pursuit! absolutely love it and would definitely pick it over black anyday! brightens up the inside of the car too to be honest!

Pursuit along with some Gtechniq Leather protection will keep the seats nice and clean and well protected!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
14-06-2012 03:10am